Hi there,
Advice please and wondering if I should hire a Immigration Solicitor. We are planning to move permanently to NZ 2017 or 2018.
Hubby is 60 in June and i am 57 soon. We are both unskilled office workers, but of course, with miles of experience.
We purchased a 5acre block of land near Oamaru, South Island in 2016 and intent to build and settle there, as our daughter and only grandchild now live there, with her partner, who is an Oamaru local.
I have done heaps of research, but am still confused. The Govt departments give me answers in "refer to ....." with a web link, and still cannot get my head around it.
We have IRD number and bank accounts already set up. We will have to sell here in Australia to allow us to build in NZ.
How do we get residence for NZ? - Appreciate any advice offered. Thank you, Deb.