Thread: 2nd Application - Partnership Work Visa (Australian Sponsored)

Default 2nd Application - Partnership Work Visa (Australian Sponsored)

Hey guys !
    Last year I was granted Partner work visa sponsored by a Permanent Resident/Citizen (Husband is Australian) My application was accepted, I was granted an Interim Visa and the Partner Work Visa was approved within 5 days. I know...damn fast. (5 days in total for all of that)
    Now on the 28th Feb 2017, I applied for the same visa and so far it's been two weeks with no news, My application was received/accepted the same day, next day I was issued the Interim Visa but I'm just wondering why is it taking this long to make a decision?
    I have no special things to declare or anything. Clean record and a full professional in her 27's. No kids.
    Yes, I know, the whole processing times, etc...but it's been two weeks, We are about to sign a new tenancy contract for 12 months and I'm just getting anxious.
    I don't need medicals nor police checks so the whole situation it's just making me uncomfortable. However I did notice way more foreigners this year and that processing times have prolonged.
    Should I ring INZ ask what's going on? Would that be too pushy? Comments? Chris? JandM? Any suggestions? Cheers lovely people x
    Last edited by georginnes; 14th March 2017 at 08:07 PM.

I think you were incredibly lucky to get processed so fast last year. This year, all the offices seem to be VERY busy, and almost everybody's processing time is longer than they would like. I would point out, it's not the decision, in a case previously proven like yours, that takes a long while - it's the fact that the file has to wait in a date-order queue for a CO's attention. So, no, don't ring and ask what's going on. Just wait and give the officials time to do their job.

Thanks Jand! I'll wait then have a good one!