Thread: Virtual PO Box

Lightbulb Virtual PO Box

Has anyone tried forwarding their mail to a virtual PO Box? Apparently they scan your mail so you can view it online, and download anything important as a pdf. You can also pay to have letters and packages forwarded internationally if they're important.

http://www.virtualpostmail.com/ps/82...postal-mailbox

I was looking into PO Boxes only because I need one for my blog (darn anti-spam laws make you list a physical address that any subscriber can read!) but this might be an interesting option for after the move.

I imagine most people just forward their mail to a family member, who then has to sort through the junk and box up the good stuff to forward...

When we moved from Canada to NZ, we were thinking to use a private PO box scanning service in Canada to collect our mails. However, after researching a bit, we decided to redirect all our mails from Canada Post to a private PO box scanning service in NZ https://www.privatebox.co.nz instead. It gives you a street address, not PO Box address. It is reliable. It lists the mails that we redirected from Canada Post. We then decided if we want to scan or forward to our hotel. We even used that privatebox address in our IRD application form and 18+ card form. After few months, we moved into our rental and changed all our Canada contacts to NZ. Closed the privatebox account was fast and any remaining balance was credited back to my bank account. Good service, highly recommended.

Cool, thanks for the resource! Virtualpostmail also provides a street address, but it's a US one. So, you were able to redirect your Canada Post mail to the NZ scanning service? I wasn't aware that could work internationally. Did you have to pay any forwarding costs?

Yes, I managed to redirect all mails internationally to privatebox address via Canada Post. I paid around $250 for the whole year. It is fixed cost for one year per address up to four names and doesn't matter how much mail I got in Canada. After moving into our rental, I changed Canada Post redirect address to my new NZ address before closing privatrbox. Not sure if you have similar deal in US Postal Service. If Canada Post has it, sure US Post will have it too!

It sounds like a great solution for that awkward period when you're in NZ but don't have a permanent address yet! Thanks for sharing.