Thread: WHV to Partnership visa....

Default WHV to Partnership visa....

Hi,

Ive just discovered this forum and hope someone can help, I'm trying not to panic or get stressed, but i'm feeling it for some reason....

In summary, has anyone got experience of advise on how easy it is to turn a working holiday visa into a partnership visa?

My background..

I arrived in January 2015 on a tourist visa and and met and got together with a local girl (as you do), I stayed at her place for 3 months before returning to the UK. We wanted to be together so 6 months later when work finished, I returned to NZ on a working holiday visa (Septmber 2015) and 'crashed' at her place until May 2016 when we moved into our own rented place, we are both on tenancy etc. We have also had a joint back account since December 2015.
    I got my working holiday visa extended in October last year, so it ends around end of August this year. We have obviously plenty of photos together and have been on holiday together, she has even met my family in the UK last winter.

Im obviously hoping now the next step is to get a partnership visa, do you think this will be easy to get? It says it takes around 4 months for the whole application process.... I annoyingly need to leave the country to attend to something in the UK at the end of June and will stay for a few weeks to make the trip worth it, I'm worried if I apply in May (which would be one year of officially living together on a tenancy, even though i had previously stayed at hers for 6 months) it will conflict with my trip.

Can I apply now? Would it be easy to get? Does the process really take 4 months....

Trying to remain relaxed but I can't, apparently I get stressed which I never thought I did.

If you have lived together for for at least the previous three months, you can apply for a Partnership Work Visa. The last time I applied, it took less than a week. It would appear INZ are a little busier these days though.

The visa you comment on sounds more like a Resident visa, which requires 12 months of continuous co-habitation.

Obviously your partner would have have to sponsor you, but if you're in a genuine relationship, this is no issue & merely a supporting application form.

A partnership work visa? And that allows me to basically extend my stay and work and live with her? it seem way more complicated on the website or confusing to me, there are so many options.

EDIT - Would I need a job offer for that visa?

I am currently a tennis coach, infact whilst I have been here myself and a friend have a registered tennis coaching business here as well, which I have that to think about.

As long as you fit the requirement of co-habiting with your partner for three months, you can apply for a Partnership Work Visa.

You will have to supply evidence to show the relationship is genuine, which if it is, you should have no problem obtaining. Provided the CO is satisfied, they grant you a visa. In my experience, it has been for either 9 or 12 months.

I think you're over thinking the whole process. Use the INZ website & it gives you the visas you can apply for, based on the circumstances you input.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders Here is the visa Stuart-W is talking about. It is ONLY dependent on having a provable live-in relationship, so nothing about qualifications or a job is relevant or required. Here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...ership+proof&* are old threads discussing partnership evidence and giving examples, which may be helpful.

When you apply, keep collecting evidence. INZ commonly ask for more to cover the time of processing just before issuing a visa.

Keep collecting even after that, because you will need 12 months'-worth (very likely including what you're already sending, so keep copies in case it is not all returned) when you apply for partner-sponsored residence.

Remember to keep evidence of why you need to go abroad, and how you keep in contact while you are overseas, as that will come into the picture when you apply for residence.