Thread: NZ Partnership Residency Visa - evidence query

Smile NZ Partnership Residency Visa - evidence query

Hi all

I'm an expat kiwi looking to return home with my British partner of 14 years and our 5 year old son. I have my up to date NZ passport as does our son but just wondering how much evidence they'll be expecting of relationship. I know some people who haven't been together long are sending loads including social media stuff etc but was wondering what was really necessary after 14 years together and a child?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

We have been together for 8 years and had to prove as much, especially in the last 12 months

Yes, the essential is to prove a continuous and continuing live-in relationship - around three months for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders, and at least 12 months for a partner-sponsored residence visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa. Also, if you've been living with your partner away from NZ for at least 5 years and can prove it, she may be eligible to be granted PR straight away.

However ridiculous it seems to have to prove that you live with your long-term partner, think - YOU know you are decent people, but INZ don't know you at all, and can't take anything on trust. Partner-sponsored visas are the ones most targeted by crooks paying people to lie to get them a visa, because there is the least range of evidence required - no qualifications or work experience to prove. So everyone has to provide proof. Anybody can SAY, 'Yes, we've lived together for x number of years.' And any couple can conceive a child without living together, and without necessarily ever seeing one another again.

Here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...ership+proof&* are some old threads with discussion about proof of partnership, and examples of what people have used.

Default Extending our partnership based visa

Hi,

My New Zealand partner and I have been looking to extend our partnership visa from 12 months to 24 based on her law degree course taking longer than expected, and also now i have a sound job in New Zealand we are both keen to stay. I am wondering do we have to reapply as a new applicant, or can we log back into our first application that holds all our evidence from our successful application granted to us from Jan 2017???

Many Thanks

Thanks all for the responses - I'll have a look at the other threads and see what we need to provide as evidence.

J and G, I don't know. I suggest you ask INZ directly.

Thankyou I have sent an email with info of my visa number and passport number. We might go for residency under partnership if we have time as my visa runs out on the 1st Jan unless we can extend our partnership work visa. Can I ask, will they still have all the evidence from our successful Partnership work visa or do we need to build it all up again in evidence? it was an extremely helpful Immigration officer based in London. I would love to credit the person but don't want to cause problems with mentioning of any names etc. But thankyou.

All the information will have recorded, and some evidence scanned into the system. And/But any later application doesn't necessarily get dealt with by the same person, or the same office, even. That's why it's a good idea to send copies of your old evidence if you have them, and say 'originals with INZ (whatever) office, as it's a lot easier for the second CO to look at papers on their desk than to have to try to link through to old case records.

am I allowed to contact my old CO from London if possible as allot of the evidence was kept and not returned. Many Thanks

There's nothing to stop you trying to do this, but there's no guarantee that that official would be still in the same role in the same office. However, the paperwork that s/he saw of yours should be listed in your old case records, and some of it will have been scanned into the system, so it should be possible to draw attention to it for a new application. It's not as good as if you had copies, and could mention, 'Originals with my case (details), London office,' but it could be better than nothing.