Thread: Student Visa - How to show evidence of sufficient funds ?

Default Student Visa - How to show evidence of sufficient funds ?

Hi guys,

One of the requirements for the student visa is to show that I have sufficient funds to support myself while studying and to pay for the entire course fees.
    What exactly does immigration want to see as evidence ?
    Is it enough to just show a statement from the bank saying how much money is in my account at the moment ?
    Or do I need to show various statements with transactions from the last 3 months or so ?

Another thing is that my parents have recently transferred some money into my account as a gift which will help me pay for the course fees. Do I need to write a letter and explain where this money is coming from and that it was a gift, meaning that I don’t have to pay it back to them ?
    Last but not least, will I have to get my bank statement translated ? (Its a German bank statement)

Any help would be muchly appreciated !!

Hi There

When I applied, I supplied these docs

Bank statements (for last 6 months), for all funds (Tuition fee, Living expenses, Insurance and travel expenses) -with proofs of big/cash deposits re where they come from (in my case we didn't have any).
    Support letters from parents and grandparents that they are supporting me for paying fee and living expenses with their contact details on them.
    Their income proofs and identity proofs.
    A sponsorship form (can't remember what was it).

Re translation, I think yes you will need it to be in English or get it translated from someone who is authorized to do so.

Have a look at operational manual here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/documents/ops-manual

My comments are not immigration advice.

Good luck (y)

Quote Originally Posted by sina1308 View Post
    Hi guys,

One of the requirements for the student visa is to show that I have sufficient funds to support myself while studying and to pay for the entire course fees.
    What exactly does immigration want to see as evidence ?
    Is it enough to just show a statement from the bank saying how much money is in my account at the moment ?
    Or do I need to show various statements with transactions from the last 3 months or so ?

Another thing is that my parents have recently transferred some money into my account as a gift which will help me pay for the course fees. Do I need to write a letter and explain where this money is coming from and that it was a gift, meaning that I don’t have to pay it back to them ?
    Last but not least, will I have to get my bank statement translated ? (Its a German bank statement)

Any help would be muchly appreciated !!

Quote Originally Posted by harryj View Post

When I applied, I supplied these docs

Bank statements (for last 6 months), for all funds (Tuition fee, Living expenses, Insurance and travel expenses) -with proofs of big/cash deposits re where they come from (in my case we didn't have any).
    Support letters from parents and grandparents that they are supporting me for paying fee and living expenses with their contact details on them.
    Their income proofs and identity proofs.
    A sponsorship form (can't remember what was it).
    I completely forgot to thank you for this !! It helped me a lot, so THANK YOU