Thread: NZ Partnership Work Visa - Criminal Check & Two months living together?

Default NZ Partnership Work Visa - Criminal Check & Two months living together?

Hello!!

I'd like to say thank you all for the information that you guys have provided here about the NZ Partnership Work Visa.

My partner and I are trying to apply for the visa, however, we are having some conflicting information, so it would be really appreciated if anyone can help us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Criminal Background Check -

on the application INZ 1198 Section D8 - It says "You do not have to provide police certificates if : You are not intending to be in NZ for 24 months or longer."

However, immigration websites says :

Temporary entry visa

You must supply a police certificate from any country you have lived in for five years or more since attaining the age of 17 years as well as your country (or countries) of citizenship."

So, my questions is that do I have to get the police certificates from my home country and do you guys think that submitting the document will improve our chances to get the visa? As I heard that for couples who have been living together for less than a year, they usually get a 1 year visa, so I am thinking of marking that I am not intending to be in NZ for 24 months or so on the application.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. My current visa (Working Holiday) expires in June 13th and we just started living together since Feb 13th, 2017. and immigration says since my current visa expires in June, they said I should apply in early May, if so, we will only show them we have been living together less than 3 months. Immigration said 8 weeks is enough to prove that our relationship is stable and genuine though.

Do you guys think that we should wait until May 13th ( solid 3 months of living together) to increase our chances or apply in early May?

Thank you for reading and spending your valuable time on this. Any help would be soooooooooo grateful.

Thank you again and have a great evening!!! and hope you guys get visas you want!
    Last edited by Dande; 16th March 2017 at 08:35 PM.

1. Don't mark it if it isn't true. When you submit any form to INZ, it is a legal document, and you are affirming that everything on it is the truth. If you then apply for a renewed partner-sponsored temporary work visa, and/or partner-sponsored residence, i.e. showing you DO want to stay longer although you said you didn't, INZ can call this fraud, which can mean they require you to ask for a character waiver.

So thinking to save yourself some time and effort now could actual cause you serious problems later. It's not worth it.

2. If you put in a solid application with good evidence, eight weeks' proof IS enough. INZ have told you so. See old threads https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...ership+proof&* with discussion of proof of partnership and examples of what people have collected and used.