Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Insurance - Can you help?

Question Car Insurance - Can you help?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any car insurance websites for NZ so I could get a quote for the car we're thinking of getting.

I've tried the AA, but I'd really like another quote to compare it to.

Thanks

Dawn

Hi Dawn

Am racking my brains for NZ insurance companies. The only I can think of is State insurance which is a big company. http://www.state.co.nz/

If I think of any others I'll let you know.

Debs

Thanks Debs, I'll give them a try.

Dawn,
    If you search "car insurance" on Google NZ, (pages from NZ only) it brings lots of links up. Might be worth a browse.
    Gil

Thanks Gil, now why didn't I think of that!

I've got mine with State, cost me about £35 TPF&T (for the year!) For a Mitsubishi Diamante 2.0 V6. Full no-claims, and they weren't interested in evidence from the UK for the no-claims.

The online quote thing does not seem to exist over here, you fill in a form and they ring/email you back mostly...

AMI were an exception if I remember correctly.

Companies I can think of at this early hour of the day!

AMI
    State
    Major Banks - we used ASB for insurance
    AA

Most seem to over a bulk discount, ie the more insurances you take the more discount you get, so we have our house and car insurances with the same company.

Just to add, we also needed no proof of no claims with ASB, I think AA wanted it though had we gone with them.

Our cars cost about $35 & $40 a month, both cars are about 10 years old, one is a sporty number and the other is a mini MPV.

Thanks for the info Sal, I'll check them out. I just wanted to get an idea cause we're hoping to get Mitsubishi Challeneger 3.5ltr diesel Our friend is picking it up for us and he'll pick us up from the airport, so we won't need a hire car. But it does mean we'll need insurance as soon as we arrive.

We went with State for car and house, good price considering OH's car is a boy racer hot hatch thingy. I did shop arround but can't find my list of searches at the mo.

Cost us lees than a third of the UK premium on the car, inc roadside rescue, hire car thingy, fire service levy etc and fully comp was $490

D

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    We went with State for car and house, good price considering OH's car is a boy racer hot hatch thingy. I did shop arround but can't find my list of searches at the mo.

Cost us lees than a third of the UK premium on the car, inc roadside rescue, hire car thingy, fire service levy etc and fully comp was $490

D
    Wow, that's really cheap - I'm not so worried now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast