Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa Approved - Important Dates to Reach this Milestone

Default Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa Approved - Important Dates to Reach this Milestone

Hi,

I have always used this forum as my primary reference and have proven very very useful at several instances.
    Hence i thought of posting my timeline right from the start of my resident visa application so that others can have an idea as to how long it takes. Will share my experiences with the case officer as well

20 September 2016 --- EOI Application Submitted/Received by INZ
    28 September 2016 --- EOI Selected from the pool
    12 October 2016 --- Received Email Invitation to Apply(ITA) for Residence
    05 December 2016 --- Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa Application Lodged. Submitted all the documents as per checklist at INZ Wellington.
    02 February 2017 --- Email from Case Officer asking for additional medicals, latest payslips, ird information, work details and projects working on
    27 February 2017 --- Officer responds saying the application has been approved(after sending him about 4-5 emails )
    03 March 2017 --- Received email stating Approval in Principle(AIP) from the case officer. Submitted my passport in Wellington INZ Branch
    14 March 2017 --- Resident Visa Issued(Online Status changed to Resident Visa)
    15 March 2017 --- Received my passport with the resident visa

Experience with Case Officer was not that great as the reply from him would take about 3-4 emails and then few weeks time. Was really slow to responding to my mails. But when he replies he gives me the exact information that i'm looking for
    Quite happy with the overall process. The Christmas shutdown period delayed my process a bit but apart from that it was all good.

Hope this helps for future residents

Feel free to ask me any questions.
    Cheers,
    Jestin

Congratulations.

Congrats!!
    Time for party mood!!

Would you please share whether your CO contacts you for more information after the first contact (like an interview or more proofs for work,etc.)? As I submitted all the requested information 2 weeks ago and no updates yet. Just a little bit anxiety during the wait time.

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Congratulations.
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by zajnic View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by RachelWong View Post
    Congrats!!
    Time for party mood!!

Would you please share whether your CO contacts you for more information after the first contact (like an interview or more proofs for work,etc.)? As I submitted all the requested information 2 weeks ago and no updates yet. Just a little bit anxiety during the wait time.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Rachel,
    Just one time. It takes really long for them to respond after they get all the details they need. It is quite annoying. But only thing is to wait wait and wait
    Cheers

congrats! thanks for sharing your timeline with us

congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy8713 View Post
    congrats! thanks for sharing your timeline with us
    Cheers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast