Thread: Studying on Work Visa -Part time

Default Studying on Work Visa -Part time

Hello Friends,

My wife has been granted a general visitor visa & we will be filing her work visa soon. However, she is keen to study part time. I believe we can study only 3 months while on work visa but is there a variation of condition which can be filed to allow the person to study part time for more than 3 months?

Has anyone been through this situation before? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Cheers
    Ravi

Hi,

I might have a similar issue. I appreciate if you can give your opinion on this:

I have a work visa (based on partnership). We applied for residency, our CO has been appointed, fingers crossed, we might get residency soon.
    However, my company just told me yesterday that I will be enrolled to a part time course as part of professional development. It will take longer than 3 months but it is part time. It is a level 5 qualification and will be fully funded by my company.

My question is: Can I enrol to that program on a work visa? Do I need to change my visa status? The course starts before I can get the residency.
    The website says: Option A: Study for less than 3 months

You may take 1 or more courses of study that lasts no longer than 3 months in total.

Note: On a work visa you can undertake study or training of any duration if your employer authorises it as part of your employment agreement.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-while-working

I am confused.

Thanks

I don't remember seeing anyone on the forum raise this point before. That last Note that you quote certainly looks as though you will be clear to do this. The way to be certain is to ask INZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I don't remember seeing anyone on the forum raise this point before. That last Note that you quote certainly looks as though you will be clear to do this. The way to be certain is to ask INZ.
    Thank you for the quick reply. I ll check with my employer today and then ask INZ just to be sure.