Thread: Schengen Visa

Default Schengen Visa

Hi All, hopefully someone could help me with a Schengen visa question????

My partner needs to apply for a schengen visa (double entry), we land in france and will spend 4 days and four nights there, then fly out of the schengen area for 18 days then fly back to spain where we will also spend 4 days and four nights, so the total number of days and nights is the same for both schengen countries, but we have slightly more hours totally in spain.

So do we apply at the french emabassy since that is our first stop and we will spend the same amount of days and nights there as we will in spain, or do we apply at the spainish embassy as we have slightly more time there (if they consider total hours) even though that is a second destination?

Thanks!

What does this have to do with NZ immigration?

Here is something from the Dutch Embassy in NZ which seems to have a lot of answers. http://newzealand.nlembassy.org/shar...-schengen-visa

swearwolves, the answer is probably because they're applying from within NZ. David12345 is a long-term member who knows there's a lot of experience on the forum about travelling in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by David12345 View Post
    Hi All, hopefully someone could help me with a Schengen visa question????

My partner needs to apply for a schengen visa (double entry), we land in france and will spend 4 days and four nights there, then fly out of the schengen area for 18 days then fly back to spain where we will also spend 4 days and four nights, so the total number of days and nights is the same for both schengen countries, but we have slightly more hours totally in spain.

So do we apply at the french emabassy since that is our first stop and we will spend the same amount of days and nights there as we will in spain, or do we apply at the spainish embassy as we have slightly more time there (if they consider total hours) even though that is a second destination?

Thanks!
    As per my knowledge you should apply schengen visa to France(as your first landing is in France).....if you are lucky then your schengen visa is extended till your Spanish visit, else French immigration will give Schengen visa for just 1 week. Happy Holidays

Regards,
    Keyvee

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Here is something from the Dutch Embassy in NZ which seems to have a lot of answers. http://newzealand.nlembassy.org/shar...-schengen-visa

swearwolves, the answer is probably because they're applying from within NZ. David12345 is a long-term member who knows there's a lot of experience on the forum about travelling in and out.
    Thanks J&M,

I see that site seems to say what most of them say, that you should apply at the embassy of the country in which you will spend the most time or if an equal amount of time will be spent in multiple countries then the applicant should apply at the embassy of the country which is their first destination in the Schengen area.

The thing I am trying to clarify is if the amount of time is measured by days and nights or total hours, I am thinking it would be days and nights but need to find out before making an appointment at the embassy and flying to wellington to apply, if the time is measured by days and nights we would need to apply at the French embassy, if it is total hours we would need to apply at the Spanish embassy.

I have emailed both embassy's but not surprisingly I have had no reply

Is there a BIG difference depending on which way of counting you use?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Is there a BIG difference depending on which way of counting you use?
    There is a bit, on our 5th day in France we depart at 5.30 in the morning, on our 5th day in Spain we depart at 8.30 at night, so its the same number of days and nights in both countries, but more hours in Spain.
    The Spanish embassy is telling me to apply at the French embassy as the time is counted in days and nights and since this is the same for both countries we have to apply at the embassy of the country of our first destination, which is France.
    The French embassy is saying the opposite, they are saying that since we have more time in Spain, counting the total hours, we should apply at the Spanish embassy.