Thread: Working holiday/partnership/visitor visa dilemma

Default Working holiday/partnership/visitor visa dilemma

Hi everyone,
    I'm married to a Kiwi and currently here on a working holiday visa. My application for a temporary partnership visa "failed lodgements" because I made a mistake in the documentation.
    My visa expires soon and because my immigration documents got lost for two weeks (the rural postman delivered them to the wrong person and they were signed and taken by a stranger, finally tracked down thankfully...) I've run out of time to correct the mistakes and now have to leave for Australia in the next couple weeks.

Can I go to Australia for a day and try to come back to NZ on a simple visitor's visa so that I can be in the country while I work on fixing these documents? Or would that make me not a "bona fide" visitor which might get me in trouble down the line? I'm pregnant and don't want to be separated from my husband for a long time, so just looking for ways to avoid a long indefinite stay in Australia, but don't want to jeopardize my chances as I'm aiming for eventual permanent residency/citizenship.

Thanks for any advice you can give,

Emily

@emilygv, when r u ppanning to leave NZ? And for how long. When is your visa will expire? For temporary visa, if decision hasn't made it yet, they will automatically issue you an interim visa to make your stay lawfully here in NZ while waiting.

I was thinking the same as Kimmy8888.

If you can just get your application lodged, even just two or three days before expiry of your previous visa, an interim visa can be automatically issued, to keep you legal while everything is processed.