Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Processing Time for 2yr Visa Partnership Temporary vs 1yr Partnership Visa

Default Processing Time for 2yr Visa Partnership Temporary vs 1yr Partnership Visa

Hi Community,

Thanks to this forum I have been able to understand the type of visas and process so much more easily, which is great. I now have (hopefully my final question).

Its an awkward one and difficult to tell, so I don't mind if anyone 'guesstimates'.

-I am on the final year of my WHV and from what this forum has told me I do meet the criteria for a temporary partnership working visa, we have been together for 2 years now.

-I am looking to get this visa but from what i understand if you have been officially living together for under a year then (if granted) you would likely get a 12 month visa, if its been over a year its possible to get a 24 month visa???

-I would ideally like to get a 24 month temporary partnership working visa and on May 13th we will have been officially living together a year (although I stayed at hers unofficially for 6 months before hand).

- I will be going away on a holiday/family business on June 20th, for in which time the brief period I am away my current WHV will be up very soon after I am back.

- Thus my question is, apparently it 'should' take roughly 23 days for a temporary partnership visa to be processed, but I wondered if they would take longer to 'process/decide' if they where to look over evidence for over a years living together or whether they take longer to process when granting a 24 month one.

- I would have roughly 35 days....before I leave the country (and need my passport of course) from after the 13th may. Do I apply before hand and only get a 12 month visa or take the opportunity to wait so I could possibly get a 24 month visa.

I stumped everyone then

Quote Originally Posted by matt1234 View Post
    Hi Community,

Thanks to this forum I have been able to understand the type of visas and process so much more easily, which is great. I now have (hopefully my final question).

Its an awkward one and difficult to tell, so I don't mind if anyone 'guesstimates'.

-I am on the final year of my WHV and from what this forum has told me I do meet the criteria for a temporary partnership working visa, we have been together for 2 years now.

-I am looking to get this visa but from what i understand if you have been officially living together for under a year then (if granted) you would likely get a 12 month visa, if its been over a year its possible to get a 24 month visa???

-I would ideally like to get a 24 month temporary partnership working visa and on May 13th we will have been officially living together a year (although I stayed at hers unofficially for 6 months before hand).

- I will be going away on a holiday/family business on June 20th, for in which time the brief period I am away my current WHV will be up very soon after I am back.

- Thus my question is, apparently it 'should' take roughly 23 days for a temporary partnership visa to be processed, but I wondered if they would take longer to 'process/decide' if they where to look over evidence for over a years living together or whether they take longer to process when granting a 24 month one.

- I would have roughly 35 days....before I leave the country (and need my passport of course) from after the 13th may. Do I apply before hand and only get a 12 month visa or take the opportunity to wait so I could possibly get a 24 month visa.
    Hey, here's our experience -

My wife and I have been together for more than 8 years. We weren't living together up until July last year. Even then, we only had "proof" of living together after we came to NZ in December together (she was on a visitor's visa). Have a look on the INZ website for what kind of proofs they accept and start collecting them.

Anyway, after applying for her visa on 8th Feb, we totally expected it to arrive within a couple of weeks. This is because all my previous work visas were approved within the week. Hers, however, took a month and a half to process. So please don't rely on the "23" working days right now, as it is taking some applications 2-4 MONTHS to decide (I was told this by the call center).

I'm not sure about the duration of your visa. My wife was given a work visa that expires exactly on the date that my work visa expires - not sure how it would apply to you. Someone who has gone through this may be able to advise if the form has an option to "ask" for a 24 month visa. I was under the impression that they assess your application and then THEY decide what duration is appropriate, as opposed to the applicant demanding a particular duration. Not sure if this is true, just what I've experienced with my temporary visas. For e.g - my student visa was based on how much funds I had to show - I got a longer duration visa while some of my friends only got one which expired half way through the course and had to renew, while I didn't have to.

Also worth noting is that even if you only have 35 days, once your application is lodged you will get an interim visa until a decision is made (if it is not made within the said 35 days) - since it is a temporary visa application. However, this would also mean that if the visa was declined during interim stage, you would be forced to go back to your country and re-apply from there. There would be no "buffer" to re-apply from here, so to speak.
    Last edited by tanmay90; 22nd March 2017 at 08:38 AM.

@tanmay90 where did u lodge your visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy8888 View Post
    @tanmay90 where did u lodge your visa.
    Auckland branch. Partnership based work visa for my wife.

My own SMC residence is also at auckland central.

@tanmay90 Lodged mine at manukau branch but moved to Auckland Central. Until now no news from INZ still pending status in my online account. Lodged last March 9, 2017.. it may take so long

@tanmay90 Lodged mine at manukau branch but moved to Auckland Central. Until now no news from INZ still pending status in my online account. Lodged last March 9, 2017.. it may take so long
    Yeah I know the feeling. Hopefully it won't take so long for you. Might get a pleasant surprise! Until then - nothing to do but wait.

Quote Originally Posted by tanmay90 View Post
    Yeah I know the feeling. Hopefully it won't take so long for you. Might get a pleasant surprise! Until then - nothing to do but wait.
    When was your wife visa got approved? Did they.email her? Did the CO contact her?

When was your wife visa got approved? Did they.email her? Did the CO contact her?
    Approved this Monday. No contact yet from INZ or any CO. Just online status says Approved and visa status has changed.

@ tanmay09 Btw , r u guys using the Working holiday visa access online?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast