Thread: Partnership Residence Visa or extending my current Partnership Work Visa?

Default Partnership Residence Visa or extending my current Partnership Work Visa?

Hi there,

I have some questions regarding which visa or strategy I should take.

First of all my current visa is a partnership work visa which expires on 22nd of June 2017. We have been living together for more than 2 years now, and have just had our first baby in Jan. I didn't want to leave it for too long to apply for partnership residence visa but my work schedule and, of course, preparing for newborn has forced me to keep postponing the residence visa until now. I need suggestions on whether I lodge in residence visa or apply for another partnership work visa and once approved straight away applying for my residence visa? My biggest worry is I don't have enough time for residence visa because according to the website it can take up to 4 months, and my visa expiring in 3 months time.

Would it be alright to apply for another partnership work visa? Is there any limitations on how many you can apply for temporary partnership visa? Our circumstances haven't changed (Still live together, etc) from last year when I applied for partnership work visa and in fact we have more evidence now that we have our baby together. I just want to play it safe as I can't afford to wait in my country until my residence application is complete.

Thank you for all the suggestions.

Mr. ABCD

I'm kind of in the same position as yourself - my resident application is taking a little longer then I thought, as it appears INZ are very busy.

My current Partnership Work Visa expires on the 20th April & my resident app is in the second person check. My CO requested that I check back with him one week before my current visa expires & if the resident app is still some way off, I should then apply for another Partnership Work Visa & INZ will issue an interim visa once the Partnership Work Visa is lodged.

Due to the nature of the resident app being in the second person check stage, I'm reluctant to apply for another Partnership Work Visa until the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart-W View Post
    I'm kind of in the same position as yourself - my resident application is taking a little longer then I thought, as it appears INZ are very busy.

My current Partnership Work Visa expires on the 20th April & my resident app is in the second person check. My CO requested that I check back with him one week before my current visa expires & if the resident app is still some way off, I should then apply for another Partnership Work Visa & INZ will issue an interim visa once the Partnership Work Visa is lodged.

Due to the nature of the resident app being in the second person check stage, I'm reluctant to apply for another Partnership Work Visa until the last minute.
    When did you lodge in your residency visa? I just called Immigration and asking about the time frame and they said at the current moment it could be from 6 to 9 months. So I guess I will apply for partnership work visa again and include covering letter explaining that I want to apply for residency in a near future, at least I have that peace of mind knowing that I'm still holds a valid visa in NZ.

I submitted my Resident Visa application on the 1st of November 2016.

It was held-up for around two weeks however as I did not submit a full birth certificate. In the U.K. when you are born, you are/your parents are issued with an abridged birth certificate. I had to wait for a full certificate to be issue from the U.K.which took around two weeks.