Thread: Is only full time work experience considered when claiming points from "G2" please?

Question Is only full time work experience considered when claiming points from "G2" please?

Hi,

Could anyone here help confirm the question as mentioned in the Title please?

G2 says: "Please indicate the total number of years of recognised work experience in New Zealand only..."

My question is "only full time work experience being able to be considered when claiming points"?
    How about part time work experience, is that able to be converted to full time and tallied accordingly?

Thanks very much in advance for any help here!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Thank you JandM!!
    Thus, part time work experience could indeed be counted, just given on the proportional base of 30-hour per week. Am I right please?

Yes, that's correct.

Yes, that's correct.
    Hi JandM, how are you?
    One more thing please. Speaking of the work experience, how relative to the current work it should be please? INZ just simply says "relative work experience"; do not get it well.
    For example, someone is working as chef now, would the period of being kitchenhand be considered, as part of the "relative work experience" please?
    It is obviously relative, but would INZ say so as well?

Thanks very much!!

Relevant work experience is work at the same level of skill. So no, being a kitchen hand, an unskilled or minimally skilled job, doesn't count as relevant for a chef.

Relevant work experience is work at the same level of skill. So no, being a kitchen hand, an unskilled or minimally skilled job, doesn't count as relevant for a chef.
    Hi JandM, therefore if i applied under Food and Beverage manager that mean my working experience as a Food and Beverage Attendant and Food and Beverage Supervisor doesnt count as well ?

Hi JandM ,
    To claim the points for NZ experience, what documents we really need? I have worked in the same category for 4 years But i dont have reference letter from previous employers. I have no contacts with them. Now , can we claim the points with visa labels and IRD summaries? Or is there any other way that we can claim NZ work experience without reference letters from previous employers?

No. You have to give INZ a way to contact the employers concerned, or someone who worked there with you, to bear witness that what you are claiming is true.