Thread: Medical

Question Medical

My medical was just submitted to the HAT and IO says this usually takes 3 weeks however if it is referred to an MA may take up to 10 weeks. I am anxious as 10 weeks is a long time and I am just eager to be with my partner since it will also be his first time seeing our daughter who is now 7 months old. What are the possible reasons I am going to be referred to an MA? I have gotten an email from panel doctor saying there are no significant findings in my medical, however I have declared having a STD previously but this has been treated. Could this be enough of a reason to be referred to a MA?

Possibly. These days, medicals are scanned by computers, and besides any test results being slightly outside the normal range, we think it likely that there may be certain key words that trigger a referral.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Possibly. These days, medicals are scanned by computers, and besides any test results being slightly outside the normal range, we think it likely that there may be certain key words that trigger a referral.
    What happens if I am referred to an MA because of this? Do I have to provide documentation that it has been treated? This will be a problem as this way previously treated by a doctor in NZ during my previous stay there. I am currently in the Philippines.

The MA can require any tests or doctors' reports that will enable him/her to understand a person's condition, and what they are is up to him/her, so I don't know exactly what they might want. But I think, if your medical gets referred, the MA is more likely to focus on your condition NOW than what it was back then, so it could (and remember, this is only me guessing and I'm not a doctor or INZ official) involve getting tests results showing you are clear.