Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership Work Visa

Default Partnership Work Visa

Hello everyone,

First time poster here, looking for a little advice.

I'm currently waiting the outcome of an Essential Skills Work Visa application with INZ. I'm currently employed as they provided me with an Interim Visa after my previous Visa expired. However, I'm looking into my options if this application isn't successful and the best option is, I believe, a Partnership Visa.

I currently live with my partner, who is a New Zealand citizen. Her and I have been together for just under two years, living together since a couple of months ago. I inquired about a Partnership Visa through her, for which I think we would have a strong application, but was told that processing times are longer than normal due to back-log. My issue is that it would be a stretch for me to go without work for anything over a couple of months. Is there any chance that INZ would allow me to return to the UK whilst they process a Partnership Visa so that I can work and save money in the meantime?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mj29wood View Post
    Hello everyone,

First time poster here, looking for a little advice.

I'm currently waiting the outcome of an Essential Skills Work Visa application with INZ. I'm currently employed as they provided me with an Interim Visa after my previous Visa expired. However, I'm looking into my options if this application isn't successful and the best option is, I believe, a Partnership Visa.

I currently live with my partner, who is a New Zealand citizen. Her and I have been together for just under two years, living together since a couple of months ago. I inquired about a Partnership Visa through her, for which I think we would have a strong application, but was told that processing times are longer than normal due to back-log. My issue is that it would be a stretch for me to go without work for anything over a couple of months. Is there any chance that INZ would allow me to return to the UK whilst they process a Partnership Visa so that I can work and save money in the meantime?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Michael
    IF your Essential Skills is unsuccessful, would you not be able to go back to the UK and then apply from there? And if it is successful - well nothing to worry about.

Yeah, that's a good point. My concern with that is that i'm led to believe I need to be living with my partner at the time of applying? Maybe there's a way around that, not too sure.

Thanks for the reply.

I should clarify that unfortunately, she's not really in a position to come back to the UK with me. At least not until the end of the year.

Yeah, that's a good point. My concern with that is that i'm led to believe I need to be living with my partner at the time of applying? Maybe there's a way around that, not too sure.

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, that is correct. My wife and I have been together for 8 years, got married last July and living together in NZ since December (she was on a visitor visa). After this we applied on 8th Feb for her Work Visa based on Partnership and got it approved this week.

Keep in mind though, along with proof of living together we have had to submit ALL evidence of our relationship for the past 8 years including but not limited to correspondence (skype, whatsap, etc.), social media, pictures, letters from family, Proof of travelling together, etc. There's a list on the INZ website that you can refer to. Multiple recent posts on this forum are available as well to see what other people have compiled. Basically anything to prove that you're genuinely in a relationship for whatever duration.

If the current application is unsuccessful though, not sure if you're able to stay or if you MUST go back and apply for partnership from the UK - you'll definitely have to check with someone more qualified.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I'm pretty confident on supplying INZ with proof of our relationship. We've got a huge amount of photos, correspondence, cards, letters, tickets to events etc.

I also have evidence of her meeting my parents when they visited NZ earlier this year and in 2016, so fingers crossed.

Reluctantly, i'd be accepting of having to move back to the UK for a finite period if that was needed, so will definitely look at that possibility.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I'm pretty confident on supplying INZ with proof of our relationship. We've got a huge amount of photos, correspondence, cards, letters, tickets to events etc.

I also have evidence of her meeting my parents when they visited NZ earlier this year and in 2016, so fingers crossed.

Reluctantly, i'd be accepting of having to move back to the UK for a finite period if that was needed, so will definitely look at that possibility.

Cheers!
    No problem

Partnership based visas applied overseas shouldn't take too long. From other posts it only seems like the Auckland branches are swamped - the rest seem to be normal.

In any case, fingers crossed for your current application and lets hope it doesn't come to that!

Yeah, fingers crossed!

Do you happen to know how quickly I would need to submit a Partnership Visa application if I was unsuccessful in my current one?

Technically if they refused my current application, I would be in NZ illegally?

Thanks a lot!

If u lodged the partnership Working visa before the decision of the visa u r waiting for, then you'll be given an interim visa .. an interim visa is issued if you are waiting for the decision of your temporary visa application..when your current visa expire and partnership working visa decision hasn't made it yet, system will automatically give you an interim visa and that will make your stay legally here in nz. But Take note, usually interim visa will have the visitor condition which means, u cant work until decision is made
    Last edited by Kimmy8888; 22nd March 2017 at 02:03 PM.

Yeah, fingers crossed!

Do you happen to know how quickly I would need to submit a Partnership Visa application if I was unsuccessful in my current one?

Technically if they refused my current application, I would be in NZ illegally?

Thanks a lot!
    If u lodged the partnership Working visa before the decision of the visa u r waiting for, then you'll be given an interim visa .. an interim visa is issued if you are waiting for the decision of your temporary visa application..when your current visa expire and partnership working visa decision hasn't made it yet, system will automatically give you an interim visa and that will make your stay legally here in nz. But Take note, usually interim visa will have the visitor condition which means, u cant work until decision is made

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast