Thread: Medical Assessment

Default Medical Assessment

Hi

We applied residency under SMC. CO just contacted and said that I had been referred to the Medical Assessment. How long would it take for them to come up with a decision? Here is the story:

I had TB 12 years ago, got treated but still have a scar. During our work visa application last year they asked for extra tests, all came clear, we also sent additional medical reports (i.e. all my check up results with x-rays for a ten year period) and eventually got my work visa for 3 years based on partnership. (my husband has essential skills work visa)

Now we use the same medical as it is still valid. My medical details were assessed during the work visa process just over a year ago. Now will they re-assess? how long would it take? Anyone with the same situation?

CO didn't ask for additional documents, but should I send the medical reports I submitted for my work visa anyways?

Timeline:
    EOI: 17 August 2016
    ITA: 6 September 2016
    ITA submitted: 4 January 2017
    CO appointed: 22 March 2017
    Waiting for medical assessment ...

should I send the medical reports I submitted for my work visa anyways?
    In your place, I would do that. Send them to INZ with all the details of your application, and your eMedical number, then they will catch up with where your medical is waiting in the queue for the MA's attention. With luck, that will mean the answers to any questions they might have about you will be right there, and save time and effort.