Thread: Holiday Pay

Default Holiday Pay

I have a doubt regarding holiday pay.Actually I was taking my holiday pay with my weekly pay rather than accruing it .Now one of my friend told me it affects SMC negatively , immigration will feel like you are not going to stay there.Is it true?I never had the faintest idea of that ,otherwise I would have asked to stop paying weekly.

i can't imagine that is true. Holiday pay is yours, accrued and earnt by you as you choose to do with it as long as your employer agrees.

For instance, I take all of my years holiday in one hit during the companies quiet time. A co worker who has a family and doesn't holiday boosts her pay with her holiday. It shouldn't come into consideration.

No i dont think so, its all depend on your employers and you agreements how you want to get your holidays pay, INZ never put a case on their own personal belief so dont worry

Hi JandM and Chris ,

What do you think.Please shed some light?

There is no mention of this anywhere in the regulations that I've ever seen.

My holiday pay qas "pay as you go" when I was on a fixed term contract less than a year. Ie I got 8% extra but no paid leave. Maybe this is the cause of your friends remark. Are you on a perm contract?

Thanks everyone for the reply.Ya permanent contract