Thread: Need help for dependent visa

Default Need help for dependent visa

Hi,

My name is Labroy from India, i need your help as i have some doubts.
    I am planning to go with my spouse to nz on a dependent visa.
    The course that i have selected is graduate diploma in information technology level 7
    So now my question is
    When i get my students visa will my partner also get an work visa, where she is eligible to work full time.
    The place that m planning to to is Wellington and the institution name is Whitirea.

Kindly guide me on the same
    Awaiting for your valuable response.

Your partner would need to apply for a Partner of a Student Work Visa. See here (and the criteria at the bottom of the page) https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t-visa-holders for the requirements.

Thank you for the information dear, but i heard recently some of the nz policies have been changed, so the partner is not allowed to work, the partner can only get a visitors visa for one year.
    Is that true?

Tge above text that I stated was in regards to level 7 course.

Can you please help me know the same.

That link takes you to the most up-to-date information on the INZ website about this visa. Please see the Criteria tab at the bottom of the page for the details of requirements (see the Evidence arrow at the right of each line).

Thank you for response dear,

But just wanted to confirm on the below link which says spouse would be able to work on level 7 n above.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t-visa-holders

The INZ website - where that linked page is - is where people look for confirmation of what the regulations are. Immigration NZ is the government body checking if people fit the rules. You can see what it says there just as well as I can.

Ohk...
    Bht my only concern is that i heard that the policies of NZ have changed and the dependent can only come on visitors visa. If they want to work then the applicant (student) needs to take a level 8 course.

You heard from where? Who has been telling you this?

If the NZ government changes the law, the INZ website and the INZ operational manual get altered. You can see, there are NO alterations that show what you are asking about.

What makes you think that this other source is higher than the NZ government?