Thread: Visa for my Wife and Daughter

Default Visa for my Wife and Daughter

My long term skills shortage visa is currently being processed. My question is if my wife and daughter enter New Zealand from the U.K. As tourists can they apply for partner and dependent child visa whilst in New Zealand.

It's possible to apply from within NZ, if on a valid visa.

However, if they enter as visa waiver passengers from the UK, what they're getting will be a visitor visa, and if they travel with you, with your work visa, it will be clear to Immigration at the airport that they are NOT bona fide tourists, intending a limited visit and then a return to a home and life elsewhere, which can mean delays and uncomfortable interviews. If INZ decide someone is not genuinely a bona fide visitor https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...tity/bona-fide, they can take their intent to enter the country as such as being an attempt at fraud, which can have a bearing on future applications.

It is possible to apply for their partner of a NZ worker and dependent child visas BEFORE your visa has finished processing. If you link their applications to yours with a letter, INZ will see it as one case, and supply information you don't have to begin with, such as your visa number. Then they could have their visas before they travel.

Thank you for your reply. You have been very helpful. If my wife has a report attached to her medical for blood results but the haemotogist has given her the all clear will this normally delay her application. Thank you

If there has been an abnormality in the medical, then further tests have been done, it is good to make CERTAIN the later tests and report reach INZ. The abnormality will almost certainly mean the medical is referred to the MA, but if the extra information is sent to INZ with the details, and the eMedical number, it can be sent to catch up with the medical, which will be waiting in a date-order queue for an MA's attention. With luck, any questions the MA might have had will be answered by the added information waiting there, so s/he won't need to require further tests.

Hi
    Thanks again for your reply. I received a letter from immigration today and it said
    We have completed our first assessment and need more information before we can go further.
    Full Blood Count - please repeat full Blood Count test results and provide the repeat results.
    I had my medical and all my results were normal so I don't understand why? Please can you advise. I only submitted my application a week ago so I don't think it has been referred to the MA. Thank you

Sorry I just spoke to my doctor and he said a couple of the results were just borderline. He was not concerned. Do you think they will ask for further tests?

There is no way to tell in advance. Get the tests they have required, then wait and see what they show, and how the MA reacts.

Thank you. Do you know how long the MA normally takes to respond to medicals.

There's no way to know. It's not the assessment itself that takes a long while - the waiting is mainly because of the volume of work going through ahead of your case.

Thanks again. Fingers crossed it will go smoothly.