Thread: Help with visa

Default Help with visa

Hi I'm currently in the process of splitting up with my partner. I am on a partnership based visa with him, we have been in NZ for 2 years (have another 2 years on a partnership based visa with him back in 2006-2008) I am going to be applying for a work visa in my own right, I've got a job offer as an assistant herd manager on a dairy farm. My big concern is that in august last year I was convicted of drunk driving and had a 6 month ban and $650 fine. I am deeply ashamed of my actions and realise it could have implications. Over the 2 visits to NZ I had never been in trouble with police until then. I will be sending them a letter stating what happened, a letter from my current employer, a shareholder from the business, hopefully the principal from my childrens old school and some friends I have met since arriving here. What would be my chances of my visa being declined as I know they are becoming more strict on these sorts of things.
    Thanks

Thanks JandM I have read up on that which is why I'm concerned. I am of good character but I made one stupid mistake which I regret deeply. What are the chances that a visa would be declined because of this even with evidence that I am of good character and the fact that I've been to NZ twice never broke the law (before now) and left before my other visa was up?