Thread: IT manger, Auckland.. Salary 2017..costs in Auckland

Default IT manger, Auckland.. Salary 2017..costs in Auckland

I was not able to get the latest information from the forum on this similar topic of considering a job offer and the current costs in Auckland ,like
    1. Rentals for a couple .no kids .with single income.
    2. Cost of living for a decent lifestyle with no cutting corners with healthy eating.
    3. Cost of sports ,Swiming pools basically.
    4. Salary of 130k current or I can negotiate a bit more.

Thankyou

The average house price in Auckland is in excess of NZ$1,000,000, so if you are bringing that amount with you, you will definitely be fine on $130k. If not, have a look on "TradeMe" for rental prices or any of the big banks for mortgage rates.

The IRD website can tell you about tax rates, plus you need to add a decent amount for retirement savings, which is post tax and usually left to the individual. For food costs, which are high by European standards, look at the website of New World for an indication.

Cost of sports is trivial, unless your sport is sailing, that is.

I swim at Tepid Baths in downtown and cost $6.50. The gym looks really nice too and gym+pool weekly rate is around $22.
    https://www.aucklandleisure.co.nz/lo...l/tepid-baths/
    I like that public pool because it has separate adult and children pools so it is good for lane swimming.

Thankyou Chapwithatui , I was initially not keen on buying anything , but looking to rent at least the first year ..

Thankyou "Auckland2016" this looks like a place I would go to 4 times a week ....