Thread: Utilities, Whiteware?

Default Utilities, Whiteware?

Hey guys,

Wanted to know if there are any other reliable sources to buy a decent fridge and washing machine other than TradeMe? Also what would be the best place for brand new stuff?

As for utilities - which power company would you recommend?

Moving to a new house of our own (was flatting before) and have no idea about all this. We're based in West Auckland.

Apart from Trademe, I use local Facebook groups/pages for second hand goods. For brand new, there are lots of appliance stores around, I've had good deals at Farmers and Noel Leeming. The big stores are always having sales so look for those and shop around.

For a power company, you can compare pricing at https://www.powerswitch.org.nz

Okay, I'll check that out. Any experience with Appliance Shed?

Have bought whiteware from Appliance Shed, Noel Leeming, and Harvey Norman. All were reasonable to deal with. Stick with known brands and then go by price. Haier, by the way, are crap

Quote Originally Posted by jawnbc View Post
    Have bought whiteware from Appliance Shed, Noel Leeming, and Harvey Norman. All were reasonable to deal with. Stick with known brands and then go by price. Haier, by the way, are crap
    Ah thanks for that. Will be careful with used Haiers if we go that route!