Thread: Possibilities of getting a working visa / job offer for someone in their mid 30s?

Default Possibilities of getting a working visa / job offer for someone in their mid 30s?

I want to know if there a slight change for someone in their 30s to get a working visa or/and job offer from New Zealand's companies? At the moment i am 28, and i need more work experience, so i can apply somewhere. But till i get the needed experience i might be in my 30s, i want to start applying for job when i be ~32 years old.
    What are my changes? I work as a software engineer.

Some countries working holiday schemes are only for under 30s. If you are eligible for one then it would save you a lot of hassle getting your first job.
    Check it out.
    Otherwise you generally have to get a job offer first, then a visa, which can make things awkward.
    Last edited by squowse; 26th March 2017 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by squowse View Post
    Some countries working holiday schemes are only for under 30s. If you are eligible for one then it would save you a lot of hassle getting your first job.
    Check it out.
    Otherwise you generally have to get a job offer first, then a visa, which can make things awkward.
    Can you explain why awkward? It is because my age or where are i am from?

As I said you have to get a job offer first, then wait for the visa. The visa is not guaranteed and can take a month or two.
    So it makes it things awkward. An employer will generally need to prioritise locals before you can get a work visa.
    Your age and where you are from is immaterial. I would imagine that there is a skills shortage in what you do so it would prabably be possible.

Working holiday visa makes things a lot easier as you could start straight away if you get a job offer.