Thread: Partnership Residency & Work Visa Timelines [approved!]

Default Partnership Residency & Work Visa Timelines [approved!]

Hi guys,

This forum was such peace of mind while waiting for my applications to process.

I am from the US, my partner is a kiwi. My partner and I have been together for 9 years, living together for the last 2 years. I've had multiple visas, as the first time I came here was in a student visa to complete my studies for all 3 years, then I came back on working holiday which turned into a work visa. Then we decided we wanted to stay here for longer than we thought we would originally. I was pretty familiar with the process and had done my medical and US FBI check the previous year for a work visa.

Here are my timelines:

Partnership Residency:
    - 3 February 2017 - application submitted to the Auckland CBD office
    - 8 February 2017 - A couple pages from the Application sent back for us to note we do not have children (did not write 0 originally and left it blank since we didn't fill out for any children, need to be sure to do that). Also noticed the letter was sent from the Manukau branch. Dropped off same day in Auckland CBD office.
    - 16 February 2017 - Email from CO. Asked for original or certified documents for some of our docs that we only had electronic correspondence and no letter in the post or original contract. Also asked for me to fill out visa pathway questions (what was the intention in New Zealand, what will you do if you're unsuccessful, what will you do if you're succesesful, etc).
    - 23 Feb 2017 - the previous request was submitted after an appointment with to have a notary public stamp and sign all of our docs as certified copies. Dropped the packet off at the Auckland CBD office and emailed the questions through.
    - 23 Feb 2017 - Called CO to check she received all of the responses and the packet, was told after she had everything her decision would be able to be made soon.
    - 17 March 2017 - Called to check when my passport would be returned after my partnership work visa was approved. Was notified it was now joined to my partnership visa which was in the final stage of processing.
    - 21 March 2017 - Saw status changed to approved online!
    - 22 March 2017 - Received passport with residency visa inside.

Partnership Work:
    - 9 February 2017 - Application submitted to Auckland CBD office.
    - 6 March 2017 - Application approved!

I had no correspondence about that one. I applied for it knowing it would be processed faster than residency, and to help my residency application processes as it would be under the same partnership.

Hope this helps someone!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCatZip View Post
    Hi guys,

This forum was such peace of mind while waiting for my applications to process.

I am from the US, my partner is a kiwi. My partner and I have been together for 9 years, living together for the last 2 years. I've had multiple visas, as the first time I came here was in a student visa to complete my studies for all 3 years, then I came back on working holiday which turned into a work visa. Then we decided we wanted to stay here for longer than we thought we would originally. I was pretty familiar with the process and had done my medical and US FBI check the previous year for a work visa.

Here are my timelines:

Partnership Residency:
    - 3 February 2017 - application submitted to the Auckland CBD office
    - 8 February 2017 - A couple pages from the Application sent back for us to note we do not have children (did not write 0 originally and left it blank since we didn't fill out for any children, need to be sure to do that). Also noticed the letter was sent from the Manukau branch. Dropped off same day in Auckland CBD office.
    - 16 February 2017 - Email from CO. Asked for original or certified documents for some of our docs that we only had electronic correspondence and no letter in the post or original contract. Also asked for me to fill out visa pathway questions (what was the intention in New Zealand, what will you do if you're unsuccessful, what will you do if you're succesesful, etc).
    - 23 Feb 2017 - the previous request was submitted after an appointment with to have a notary public stamp and sign all of our docs as certified copies. Dropped the packet off at the Auckland CBD office and emailed the questions through.
    - 23 Feb 2017 - Called CO to check she received all of the responses and the packet, was told after she had everything her decision would be able to be made soon.
    - 17 March 2017 - Called to check when my passport would be returned after my partnership work visa was approved. Was notified it was now joined to my partnership visa which was in the final stage of processing.
    - 21 March 2017 - Saw status changed to approved online!
    - 22 March 2017 - Received passport with residency visa inside.

Partnership Work:
    - 9 February 2017 - Application submitted to Auckland CBD office.
    - 6 March 2017 - Application approved!

I had no correspondence about that one. I applied for it knowing it would be processed faster than residency, and to help my residency application processes as it would be under the same partnership.

Hope this helps someone!
    Hi

I'm gathering my evidence to apply for the same partnership residence visa. Could you please tell from your experience what have you put in as evidence for your application?

As to certified copies of supporting documents, did you have to get all of the documents to be certified by notary public stamp? We have some phone bills and bank statements and some online purchase confirmations, which are online correspondence, not sure if these are what you mentioned that need to have certified copy recognition?

Thanks very much for your help! Btw, that was a very fast turn-around that they have for partnership residence visa, congratulations!
    -H

Quote Originally Posted by hznry View Post
    Hi

I'm gathering my evidence to apply for the same partnership residence visa. Could you please tell from your experience what have you put in as evidence for your application?

As to certified copies of supporting documents, did you have to get all of the documents to be certified by notary public stamp? We have some phone bills and bank statements and some online purchase confirmations, which are online correspondence, not sure if these are what you mentioned that need to have certified copy recognition?

Thanks very much for your help! Btw, that was a very fast turn-around that they have for partnership residence visa, congratulations!
    -H

Following