Hello.

I would appreciate any advise on the dilemma I am facing at present.

I have recently applied for a work visa. After applying for the work visa I was accepted for a course at UoA which counts towards only 20 points and require me to study for 2 hours per week for the rest of the year. INZ Customer care advised me to write a letter to the case officer (who wasn't even appointed at that point) informing him of my change in condition and asking to grant me a condition to study this course when approving my visa. They told me that I cannot file a variation of visa condition form as technically I didn't have a visa for which I am requesting for a variation.

I followed their advise but on receipt of my work visa I saw that they had not commented on the request for study condition on my work visa. I then immediately submitted a variation of work visa form and supplied all papers. I did not submit a proof of payment of fee. This was because on payment of fee I become an enrolled student of the University and cannot claim refund or cancel my enrollment. There was a last date for refund but I have missed it now due to failure of getting the visa on time. Now if I pay my fee and then the variation to study is rejected, I cannot technically attend classes or write my exam. This would mean that I fail the course and it will become a part of my academic history.

On contacting INZ customer care I did not get an appropriate response. I only have four working days to accept the enrollment. I doubt that I will hear from Immigration before 31 March 2017 as I only applied for the variation last week.

Any advise on what should I do next? Pay or not pay !!