Thread: Partnership work visa for my partner if I had residency through my previous partner

Default Partnership work visa for my partner if I had residency through my previous partner

Hi there, I am NZ resident, gained it in august 2014 through my partner (nz citizen). After this he decided to change his life, broke up with me and moved to south island.

Long story short, now I have a partner and we've been together since February 2016 and now we need to renew his work visa. Unfortunately, he has some problems with his current work and seems like it is only one chance to have do his work visa-through partnership with me.

Is it possible for me to be his supporting partner as I have my resident visa? Even when I had it through my ex partner? I also did not tell INZ about this changes because to be honest I never though I would have deal with all these paperwork again...Thanks a lot for your help!

I'm afraid you can't sponsor him until five years have passed since you were sponsored in yourself. This is from the 'criteria' section, under Your partner's support, here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders

Your partner won’t be eligible to support your visa, or a later residence application, if they have:

supported a successful residence application for more than one previous partner
    supported a successful residence application for a previous partner in the last 5 years
    included a previous partner in a successful residence application in the last 5 years
    have been included as a partner in a successful residence application in the last 5 years.