Thread: AIP query

Default AIP query

My son has had an email from INZ saying that his residency visa (SMC) has been Approved In Principle but that he needs to resubmit a reference from an ex employer in paper format (along with his passport for stamping). I think he has until September to do so. He did in fact submit a pdf version of the reference when he lodged his ITA in January but has now asked his ex employer to provide him a paper version.

My question is ... How confident can we be that my son will be granted a residency visa once INZ have the paper based reference? My heart tells me to post the dancing bananas but my head tells me not to tempt fate!!

Quote Originally Posted by chog View Post
    My son has had an email from INZ saying that his residency visa (SMC) has been Approved In Principle but that he needs to resubmit a reference from an ex employer in paper format (along with his passport for stamping). I think he has until September to do so. He did in fact submit a pdf version of the reference when he lodged his ITA in January but has now asked his ex employer to provide him a paper version.

My question is ... How confident can we be that my son will be granted a residency visa once INZ have the paper based reference? My heart tells me to post the dancing bananas but my head tells me not to tempt fate!!
    Hi Chog, there is no doubt that your son has got residency approval.
    As only soft copy has been supplied to INZ, they just want to keep a hard copy in their record, so they have requested so. If there would have been any doubt, they must not have issued AIP. Your son just have to submit hard copy of reference letter to immigration. That's all. So I would wish you a big "Congrats" .....

After submitting the evidence they request. How long does it generally take to get the passports back?

As with many INZ matters, it depends on how many other cases are going through just before yours. But in most cases, passports are returned with the visa label in around two weeks, some sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by kumars View Post
    Hi Chog, there is no doubt that your son has got residency approval.
    As only soft copy has been supplied to INZ, they just want to keep a hard copy in their record, so they have requested so. If there would have been any doubt, they must not have issued AIP. Your son just have to submit hard copy of reference letter to immigration. That's all. So I would wish you a big "Congrats" .....
    Thank you for your reply Kumars!