Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apllication on Second Person Check

Default Apllication on Second Person Check

So i read that a lot of people got PPI letters. I just calla immigration that my application is on second Person check. Does this mean that approve soon or It can be anything ? IO have not receive anything from CO even message that he move to second person check.I call immigration and they say its under second peron check waiting final decision....

2nd person check means CO has no issues with your case I think. may be Thats why it has gone to 2pc

So how long I need wait decision? I have not receive anything from immigration?

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    So how long I need wait decision? I have not receive anything from immigration?
    I think no one can answer that question. I am waiting since 6 March. Nothing happened. We really are at mercy of 2PC officer, depends if he/she wants to do it quick or just want to be lazy.. Sometimes I feel they are also human and doing jobs like us. So, they must also be lazy and must be putting things to the last moment.
    Last edited by kaur; 31st March 2017 at 03:00 PM. Reason: typo

well even if 2nd person get ur application if he found anything wrong he gonna sent it back to Co...we cannot say anything..once status update to approve than we can believe it.....

talk to my CO he recommend my application on approvement. he said do not panic everything is alright .. Soon time of bananas

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    talk to my CO he recommend my application on approvement. he said do not panic everything is alright .. Soon time of bananas
    Great!!!

mmm, every case gets sent for second-person checking, whatever outcome the CO has recommended. The second official checks over what the CO has done, making sure it has been done properly. It is only after this has been done that the result can be told to the applicant, WHATEVER result it is. (Your CO was kind to you, but he should not tell you, in case he made any mistake the 2pc could find.) So your case is near the end of processing.

A CO can send a PPI (potentially prejudicial information) letter at any stage, because of something s/he has noticed, or because of something the 2pc official has pointed out. This happens because they have seen something that looks as though the applicant does not meet the regulations in some way. The letter tells the applicant that, unless they can give more information or explanation, their case will be judged as it stands, and will have to be rejected.

No, nobody can tell you how long it will be till you hear your outcome. First, your CO and others from the same office send 2pc cases to another section. So all the cases from all the COs join the one queue, and the 2pc officials take from the front of that queue each time they finish looking over another file. (It is like when your application was waiting to be allocated a CO at the beginning of all this.) How long the queue is depends on how many cases were going through just before yours, and if any of them was complicated so it took a longer time than most, and this is not predictable.

kaur, I don't think what you said is fair to the 2pc officials. You seem to be imagining that your case is all on its own, or maybe with two or three others on their desk, and the official is fiddling about drinking tea or filing their nails or something - ! But there is a managed queue of hundreds and hundreds of cases, and your case has to work its way up till eventually its turn for attention arrives. It's not the checking that takes a long while, but the waiting for its turn.

To give a bit of perspective...my NP Resident application has been on the second person check since the 17th February, via the Wellington office & my current visa expires in late April - so nerve-wracking times, for sure. However, there are hundreds of cases for these guys to get through, you just have to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    mmm, every case gets sent for second-person checking, whatever outcome the CO has recommended. The second official checks over what the CO has done, making sure it has been done properly. It is only after this has been done that the result can be told to the applicant, WHATEVER result it is. (Your CO was kind to you, but he should not tell you, in case he made any mistake the 2pc could find.) So your case is near the end of processing.

A CO can send a PPI (potentially prejudicial information) letter at any stage, because of something s/he has noticed, or because of something the 2pc official has pointed out. This happens because they have seen something that looks as though the applicant does not meet the regulations in some way. The letter tells the applicant that, unless they can give more information or explanation, their case will be judged as it stands, and will have to be rejected.

No, nobody can tell you how long it will be till you hear your outcome. First, your CO and others from the same office send 2pc cases to another section. So all the cases from all the COs join the one queue, and the 2pc officials take from the front of that queue each time they finish looking over another file. (It is like when your application was waiting to be allocated a CO at the beginning of all this.) How long the queue is depends on how many cases were going through just before yours, and if any of them was complicated so it took a longer time than most, and this is not predictable.

kaur, I don't think what you said is fair to the 2pc officials. You seem to be imagining that your case is all on its own, or maybe with two or three others on their desk, and the official is fiddling about drinking tea or filing their nails or something - ! But there is a managed queue of hundreds and hundreds of cases, and your case has to work its way up till eventually its turn for attention arrives. It's not the checking that takes a long while, but the waiting for its turn.

well said��
    some of them are over excited for their second person checking.
    nobody knows abt time nd outcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast