Thread: SMC Required documents & assessments

Default SMC Required documents & assessments

Hello,

I am currently working in New Zealand since October 2016 as a Senior IT Consultant on Work to Residence Visa (Talent Accredited Employer) & I am planning to apply for the SMC Resident Visa and need some inputs before I start the process

Here are my details:

Qualification: Masters of commerce(part time course)|Bachelor of commerce from Mumbai University, India| Software Engineering (GNIIT) Diploma from NIIT Ltd Mumbai, India
    Total Experience: 9.7 years
    NZ Experience: <12 months
    ICT Code: 261313 Software Engineer
    Salary NZD: >90k

As per the above given work experience & qualification, I believe I can claim the points as given below. I need to know what all assessments (NZQA and KA02) & documents would be needed if I am claiming the below given points:

Age:32 | Points:25 | Documentation: Passport or Birth certificate
    Skilled Employment: ( Do I need to do KA02 to claim points as given below?)
    I'm already working in skilled employment in New Zealand < Less than 12 months: Points 50 | Documentation: NZ Employment offer, Roles & Responsibilities letter, Previous experience roles & responsibilities letter, qualification
    I work in a future growth area: Points 10 | Documentation: employment :Offer of employment
    I work in an area of absolute shortage: Points 10 | Documentation: Same as above

Qualification:
    I have a recognized qualification: Level 7 | Points:50 |Documentation: Mark sheets of Bachelor of commerce and course transcripts |Assessment: NZQA

Work Experience:
    I have a work experience that is relevant to employment: 8 years | Points : 25 | Documentation: Previous employment roles & responsibilities letter, offer letter, relieving letter
    I have work experience in a future growth area that's relevant to my skilled employment: 6 years or more | Points: 15 | Documentation: Same as above?
    I have work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage : 6 years or more | Points: 15 pts| Documentation Sames as above?

Total Points : 200 ?

Can I claim all these points or should I stick to 160 to avoid additional assessments and save time on processing the visa?

Can I apply for NZQA and parallelly apply for EOI with the reference to NZQA or should I wait? Do I have to apply for KA02 IPENZ or I can claim some of the points without applying for it?

I am trying to avoid IPENZ if I can to save time and of course money

Hi Ravika,

Just sharing my experience for the NZQA part.

I submitted with the Pre-assessment reference NO(NOT NZQA) when I submitted the EOI because my lawyer told me that the pre-one only take only 1-2 week to have the result. Therefore, I can submit with the reference number. But I submitted the NAZQ result for the ITA, and it takes me 3 months to get the result.

So my opinion is: if you're in a hurry to submit the EOI, you can try the pre-assessment, it cost me 150+NZD. But if not, you can wait for the NZQA result to save the money since you still need the NZQA at the end of the day.

Yes I can wait but the I am checking my eligibility and assessment required for applying

Request if someone can give inputs on this.

We can't give you advice--you need to be a licenced immigration agent to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ravika View Post
    Request if someone can give inputs on this.

Where did you work other than NZ ? Was it in India, if so then that does not match with NZImmigration's comparable list... Just saying

http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...bourmarket.htm

If I had worked in India and applying for residency, I'd not claim points for them as it'd add more headache to prove etc etc....

This is not an Immigration advice

Quote Originally Posted by ravika View Post
    Hello,

I am currently working in New Zealand since October 2016 as a Senior IT Consultant on Work to Residence Visa (Talent Accredited Employer) & I am planning to apply for the SMC Resident Visa and need some inputs before I start the process

Here are my details:

Qualification: Masters of commerce(part time course)|Bachelor of commerce from Mumbai University, India| Software Engineering (GNIIT) Diploma from NIIT Ltd Mumbai, India
    Total Experience: 9.7 years
    NZ Experience: <12 months
    ICT Code: 261313 Software Engineer
    Salary NZD: >90k

As per the above given work experience & qualification, I believe I can claim the points as given below. I need to know what all assessments (NZQA and KA02) & documents would be needed if I am claiming the below given points:

Age:32 | Points:25 | Documentation: Passport or Birth certificate
    Skilled Employment: ( Do I need to do KA02 to claim points as given below?)
    I'm already working in skilled employment in New Zealand < Less than 12 months: Points 50 | Documentation: NZ Employment offer, Roles & Responsibilities letter, Previous experience roles & responsibilities letter, qualification
    I work in a future growth area: Points 10 | Documentation: employment :Offer of employment
    I work in an area of absolute shortage: Points 10 | Documentation: Same as above

Qualification:
    I have a recognized qualification: Level 7 | Points:50 |Documentation: Mark sheets of Bachelor of commerce and course transcripts |Assessment: NZQA

Work Experience:
    I have a work experience that is relevant to employment: 8 years | Points : 25 | Documentation: Previous employment roles & responsibilities letter, offer letter, relieving letter
    I have work experience in a future growth area that's relevant to my skilled employment: 6 years or more | Points: 15 | Documentation: Same as above?
    I have work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage : 6 years or more | Points: 15 pts| Documentation Sames as above?

Total Points : 200 ?

Can I claim all these points or should I stick to 160 to avoid additional assessments and save time on processing the visa?

Can I apply for NZQA and parallelly apply for EOI with the reference to NZQA or should I wait? Do I have to apply for KA02 IPENZ or I can claim some of the points without applying for it?

I am trying to avoid IPENZ if I can to save time and of course money

Thanks for responding.

Yes. I have worked in India.

Quote Originally Posted by harryj View Post
    Where did you work other than NZ ? Was it in India, if so then that does not match with NZImmigration's comparable list... Just saying

http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...bourmarket.htm

If I had worked in India and applying for residency, I'd not claim points for them as it'd add more headache to prove etc etc....

This is not an Immigration advice
    Thank you for sharing the URL for the ops manual. This has a comprehensive information.

As per the ops manual, since I am claiming points for absolute skill shortage, I can claim for the work ex I have in India.

Here is what it says:

Work experience must also have been gained in a labour market that is comparable to the New Zealand labour market unless:
    the work experience meets the requirements set out at SM13.20 for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage; or
    the principal applicant has current skilled employment in New Zealand or an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand (see SM7)