Thread: sponsoring sister for student visa

Default sponsoring sister for student visa

hello everyone, I am planning to sponsor my sister to study in NZ. I dont know whether we are allowed to sponsor from NZ for student visa. Does anyone have done this or do we have to show funds from home country for student visa? any similar story or experience would be appreciable. Thank you

Yes you can sponsor her from nz. You will need to show funds here in nz. With her student visa form, you will also need to submit sponsorship form from your side.

thank you TJ82. My sister is 17 now and she will turn 18 in August 2017. But I will be applying for her student visa in june 2017 and she will still be 17. Can i act as a parent in NZ for my sister and after august she will be 18 and she can live on her own in NZ.

I am a resident and I am not working as the moment due to personal reason. But can i show sufficient money in my bank account for my sister student visa and sponsor her from NZ? thank you once again.

i dont think so you can act as her parent. just confirm it from immigration.
    and yes if you have enough funds then you can sponsor her. keep it in mind that you will pay her international student fees and you must also show that you have paid for her accommodation or you have enough income or money to pay for her accommodation and living cost for the whole duration of her studies.
    and as for sponsorship form you need to also sign it from your bank so that they can confirm that you have enough funds.

Thank u again TJ82 for your effort. My sister is coming for 2 years diploma . Do u mean that i have to pay for whole 2 years college fee or just 1st years fee and and ongoing income for accomodations for first year and when she applies for her 2nd years student visa then i can pay for 2nd years fee and show ongoing income to support her stay.

I can only pay her 1st year fee for now and show i have ongoing income to support her here. And in second year i can save some money and pay for her 2nd year tuition fee.

Is it how it works? Plz share your experience thank u again

Quote Originally Posted by coolsharukh611 View Post
    Thank u again TJ82 for your effort. My sister is coming for 2 years diploma . Do u mean that i have to pay for whole 2 years college fee or just 1st years fee and and ongoing income for accomodations for first year and when she applies for her 2nd years student visa then i can pay for 2nd years fee and show ongoing income to support her stay.

I can only pay her 1st year fee for now and show i have ongoing income to support her here. And in second year i can save some money and pay for her 2nd year tuition fee.

Is it how it works? Plz share your experience thank u again

My brother came here for two years study and we paid only for one year initially.. but it was long time back and you must check with INZ or a lawyer. Also, if you are from India, make sure you supply really firm financial documents. Good luck..

Yes you can pay for one year.
    All the best for her visa process