Thread: Winged cockroaches in New Zeland south island?

Default Winged cockroaches in New Zeland south island?

How common are winged cockroaches in NZ summertime? The southern island is cooler, and I wonder if anyone living in the island with the milder temperatures ever saw one in his house, or out in the streets.

Where I live, if you dont exterminate your house, you'd see a few in your house every summer. During summertime, I'm afraid to walk around late at night because you cant walk ten minutes without seeing one of those huge, ugly creatures.

In all the years I've been on this forum I've only ever seen a handful of posts about cockroaches at all, and none about winged ones.

So... anybody?

At first I thought you were talking about trump supporters but then I realized you were talking about the 6 legged ones (sorry couldn't help myself). Here in Nelson I've only seen a few and always outside? The only true pests I've found to be annoying are sand flies but I've become immune to their bites, a few mosquitos, and spiders that create webs on everything including the car mirrors every morning! NZ is a damn fine place!

never ever seen one, and never ever want to see one! Winged cockroaches are nightmare!

Winged cockroaches are native to NZ and found in the bush.
    I only know this because we had a cockroach problem and we had to differentiate between the cockroaches.
    A few years back, there was a big cockroach problem in the Tasman/Nelson/Marlborough areas. It seems to have lessened. Now it's wasps and ants.