Thread: Post Study work visa for certificate courses

Default Post Study work visa for certificate courses

Hello,

My wife is planning to apply for a 6 month certificate course in University of Auckland. We will be applying for a student visa, I have a concern if she will get a post study work visa since it is a 6 month course.

Here is what INZ states:

An acceptable qualification for a post-study work visa is New Zealand qualification listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework that is either:
    a bachelor’s degree (level 7) or higher qualification that involved a single course in New Zealand of 30 weeks or more
    a level 4 – 6 qualification that involved a single course in New Zealand of 60 weeks or more
    two or more level 4 – 6 qualifications that each involved 30 weeks or more of study in New Zealand, where the level of the last qualification is higher than the first
    a National Certificate (Level 4) or New Zealand Certificate (Level 4) relevant to an occupation on Part B or C of our ‘List of Skilled Occupations’ that involved a single course in New Zealand of 60 weeks or more.
    English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) qualifications and level 4 qualifications that are not a National Certificate or a New Zealand Certificate aren’t considered acceptable qualifications.

I think you're right to doubt that she would qualify for that visa. No six-month course is for 30 weeks, still less 60.