Thread: EOI application - Partner's language requirements

Default EOI application - Partner's language requirements

Hi all, so I'm completing the EOI form to start the residency application. Points are ok above 160, I'm including my partner on the EOI (not claiming any points on his behalf), we both live in NZ and have 3yr work visa.
    Now, I've reached the step were I have to select the minimum standard of english for him. He doesn't work neither he has studied in english, but he lived 1 and a half year in England and he is sitting the IELTS on July to get at least a 5.0 score. So my idea was to put through the EOI, then get the ITA and while we gather all the documentation (police certificates) he would sit the IELTS get the necessary score and give this when we lodge the SMC application....but I'm a bit confused on what to do on the EOI form. So I selected "Otherwise meet the minimum standard" option and explained what I mentioned before, because if I choose the IELTS option then it asks me for all the details of the certificate.

Has anyone went through a similar situation? Could my EOI not be selected due to this? Or not receiving the ITA until he sits the IELTS? the idea is to start things earlier and not after he gets the IELTS result because a 5.0 is a sure thing for him, the only problem is that there's no available dates to sit the exam until the end of july

Cheers

Nicolas.

Quote Originally Posted by nanonico80 View Post
    Hi all, so I'm completing the EOI form to start the residency application. Points are ok above 160, I'm including my partner on the EOI (not claiming any points on his behalf), we both live in NZ and have 3yr work visa.
    Now, I've reached the step were I have to select the minimum standard of english for him. He doesn't work neither he has studied in english, but he lived 1 and a half year in England and he is sitting the IELTS on July to get at least a 5.0 score. So my idea was to put through the EOI, then get the ITA and while we gather all the documentation (police certificates) he would sit the IELTS get the necessary score and give this when we lodge the SMC application....but I'm a bit confused on what to do on the EOI form. So I selected "Otherwise meet the minimum standard" option and explained what I mentioned before, because if I choose the IELTS option then it asks me for all the details of the certificate.

Has anyone went through a similar situation? Could my EOI not be selected due to this? Or not receiving the ITA until he sits the IELTS? the idea is to start things earlier and not after he gets the IELTS result because a 5.0 is a sure thing for him, the only problem is that there's no available dates to sit the exam until the end of july

Cheers

Nicolas.
    I am speaking from personal experience. I submitted EOI and didn't claim any points for my partner. I selected none of the above. Got invited. In the meantime my partner sat IELTS and I provided report with the application and explained that my partner now has sufficient score. Approved last week. If you are not claiming points then you can select none of the above. this means you will pay for ESOL. but, at the time of application you can supply IELTS.
    Last edited by kaur; 4th April 2017 at 03:29 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by nanonico80 View Post

Cheers

Nicolas.
    okay...

1 - PLEASE -Do not Lie in your application! if your partner doesn't have IELTS right now that is okay... please select the correct option... and you will be okay

2 - Once you receive your ITA - them you will have the chance to alter or change the original Information from your EOI...

In my case - I didn't claiming any points for partner -

I added my partner's IELTS results in the ITA form... and we didn't have any problem...