Thread: Can I change the employer when I am in Interim Visa period and waiting for their final decision of my work visa application?

Arrow Can I change the employer when I am in Interim Visa period and waiting for their final decision of my work visa application?

Dear ENZ,

I applied an employer bond Work Visa months ago, but the immigration bureau has not yet made the final decision of my application. Now, my current work visa has expired, they generated me an Interim Visa.

I am keen to know if I can change the employment information during this period?

If I found another potential employer, can I change the employment to my current Work Visa application?

Many thanks.

Kind Regards,
    Boring2016

You can’t apply for another visa while in New Zealand on an interim visa.

If you want to apply for a different visa from the one you’ve already applied for, you can only apply for it:

after we’ve made a decision about the application we’ve accepted for processing
    if you still hold a valid visa.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/interim-visa (Visa Conditions tab at the bottom of the page.)

Thank you Jan,

But after reading the link, I still not sure if I can change employer or not. Do you have more clues?

Thank you.

No, you can't change employer, because you can't, while on the interim visa, apply for a different visa, and each visa is specific to the ONE job with that one employer.

Hi JandM, thank you. But I am not applying for a different visa, it is the same kind of visa - employer specific one. I only change the empoyer. My last work visa was an open one. And now they assessing my employer spefic visa application. Thank you.

It is a DIFFERENT visa, exactly because it would be for a DIFFERENT employer. The interim visa is only allowed you so that INZ can assess the application you have put in, exactly as it stands. You don't get to change anything in the meantime.