Thread: What can I do if they decline my work visa application when I am holding an interim visa?

Arrow What can I do if they decline my work visa application when I am holding an interim visa?

Currently, my work visa has been expired and they are still processing my work visa, so they grant me an interim visa for staying here lawfully.

What can I do once they decline my current application?

Can I still apply for visitor visa or student visa after that?

I am really upset about the current situation.

Thank you for your help in advance.

if you are on interim visa, your interim visa also finishes the same day your application is decided. that is what was written in my interim visa letter. that will mean if your application is declined, unfortunately you will be unlawful in NZ without any visa. though you can apply for any visa but i guess that is tough to get if you are unlawful, and you need a lawyer.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I`ve just consult a lawyer, he replied I can still apply for a visa under special direction.

But I don`t know what is special direction mean.

How is your case?

In terms of my application, I do not have any confidence they would approve me application.

Have you contact a lawyer or an immigration agent? what are their suggestion?

Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boring2016 View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

I`ve just consult a lawyer, he replied I can still apply for a visa under special direction.

But I don`t know what is special direction mean.

How is your case?

In terms of my application, I do not have any confidence they would approve me application.

Have you contact a lawyer or an immigration agent? what are their suggestion?

Best wishes.
    I hope I am not intruding. I think you are just very nervous right now. Your visa has not been denied as yet. You are fearing something that has not even happened. Misery lies in anticipation, they say. Just wait for the outcome. You must have already done the best you could. Now it is the time you gave yourself a break.

I wish you all the best of luck.

the rules relating to "special direction", known in this instance as "section 61" are here.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ection-61-visa

PM me if and when you find yourself in that situation