Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essential skills job advertisement

Default Essential skills job advertisement

Hi there I need your enlightenment. My father has been working in NZ dairy for 9 years. His position is in the Immediate Skills List as Assistant Farm Manager/2IC in the farm he is employed to for a year now. His application to renew a work visa under the same employer was successfully lodged yeterday. He received an email from INZ asking for an advertisement proof form his employer. We thought only low-skilled jobs level 4-5 need to be advertised but not level 1-3? My dad is in Level 1-3 why do they require an advertisement proof for this job? Can his employer advertise the job even if he already re-offered the job to my father? Such complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by gcapd View Post
    Hi there I need your enlightenment. My father has been working in NZ dairy for 9 years. His position is in the Immediate Skills List as Assistant Farm Manager/2IC in the farm he is employed to for a year now. His application to renew a work visa under the same employer was successfully lodged yeterday. He received an email from INZ asking for an advertisement proof form his employer. We thought only low-skilled jobs level 4-5 need to be advertised but not level 1-3? My dad is in Level 1-3 why do they require an advertisement proof for this job? Can his employer advertise the job even if he already re-offered the job to my father? Such complicated.
    Hi. I will share my opinion based on my experience. My application for work visa got declined before even my job is under level 2 for not being able to provide them with job ads even if under the same employer.So what I did is to re apply for a new one with complete documents.

Here is the regulation. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/45676.htm

Your father can query the reason that INZ has asked him for advertisement evidence, since the rules (quoted) do not seem to require it.

As kley 021303 says, sometimes it is easier to go along with what has been asked, even if it's a mistake. It's up to your father. Doing as asked is all very well if it leads to the right outcome, but it just MIGHT not.

Thanks Kley and JandM.
    The question now is that will INZ accept the job advertisement if my father's employer starts to advertise the job ALREADY OFFERED ANDSIGNED by my father tomorrow for 2 weeks? His visa expires in a month. Or the safest is for the employer to advertise the job the my father will withdraw the application and re-lodge a complete application?
    There is a confusion between High and Low Skilled here. Low skilled needs Skills Match Report from WINZ then employer has to prove that there are no NZ citizen and resident to take up the job. For High Skilled on the other hand I read, employer needs to give text advert of the job and state how long the advert had run for.

Thanks Kley and JandM.
    The question now is that will INZ accept the job advertisement if my father's employer starts to advertise the job ALREADY OFFERED ANDSIGNED by my father tomorrow for 2 weeks? His visa expires in a month. Or the safest is for the employer to advertise the job the my father will withdraw the application and re-lodge a complete application?
    There is a confusion between High and Low Skilled here. Low skilled needs Skills Match Report from WINZ then employer has to prove that there are no NZ citizen and resident to take up the job. For High Skilled on the other hand I read, employer needs to give text advert of the job and state how long the advert had run for.
    Well in my case, when I got a PPI.One of the items on the PPI was about the job ads that I was not able to supply during my application and even if I asked for a lawyer's assistance to reply I still got declined. I cannot advise you to pull out your father's application.But for me it will look prejudicial when the job advert was done when that particular job has been offered to your father already base on the date of job offer.This is the reason why I reapplied for a new work visa application.If I were on your position,I would rather pull out the current application and on Monday ask the employer to make an advertisement. We are all aware that INZ is so strict nowadays so its better to just comply with the list of reqts regardless of which level of job you applied for.

Thanks Kley.
    Please do advise on how to withdraw my father's current application?

Thanks Kley.
    Please do advise on how to withdraw my father's current application?
    It is better to still seek licensed immigration adviser or lawyer's advice to have a concrete plan. But if you can have a look on some other posts.You just need to phone up INZ call centre or the case officer if you want to withdraw the application

My father has no case officer yet. Only a support officer who assisted him in the lodgement emailed him for the advertisement proof. The Ops Manual for Essential Skills is currently updated April 04,2017 and my father successfully lodged on April 06,2017.

Hi there.
    My father phoned INZ contact center today. He was told that even the officer is confused as to why they were asking for a proof of advertisement from the employer given that my father has been working in the farm for a year now and work visa still current until May 07,2017.
    He was advised that his employer can send through old advertisement of the job but that was a year ago when my father got the job offer and the employer could no longer find the advert text.

Hi there.
    My father couriered a letter of withdrawal and refund request of his visa application. On April 18 it was tracked and traced that it was delivered. Until now no response from them yet. My father's visa will expire soon in 2 weeks time. What will he gonna do now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast