Thread: Change the Job

Default Change the Job

Hi there

Now I am on Essential work visa and recently lodged my SMC residency application to immigration NZ. Yet no any CO is allocated. Now I have a new job offer from an accredited employer with greater perks and benefits. My question is, if I accept this offer what will happen to my residency application?

As long as the new job is equally as skilled as the old one, you can just send the details of it to INZ to be put into your application, and everything will go on as before.

Do make sure that you don't leave yourself without a valid visa at any time during the change, though, as that would mean they couldn't continue to process your application for Residence. You may need to get a variation of conditions on your work visa, or a new work visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...emporary-visas Get the job offer from the new employer (with all the small print), find out when your notice given to the old employer would allow you to change, and tell INZ what you are wanting to do, and they will help you to keep legal. (Nobody must keep working for an old employer once they have got a visa with the new employer's name on, or start working for a new employer with a visa still with the old employer's name on.)

Thank you JandM. Now it is very clear to me.