Thread: New zealand Visitor Visa query

Default New zealand Visitor Visa query

Hi Experts,

I need some help regarding my tourist visa application. I have currently resigned my job and will be travelling soon to few countries. Is it mandatory for an applicant to have a job during the Visa process? Will it affect the visa process if I don't have job and still apply for Visa. I can show the required money in my account and other documents without any problems.

Thanks a lot,
    Naresh

It isn't mandatory to have a job. However, to accept that an applicant is a bona fide tourist/visitor https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...tity/bona-fide, INZ look at the links they have in their home country that will tend to take them back there at the end of their stay, and a job to return to is one of the things which can convince them.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Jandm.
    If INZ needs to be satisfied that one has a job or ties that he/she needs to be able to convince them to return how about in my case whose wife is a PR in New Zealand and wanting to live with jer for 9 months starting on March 2018 while I await for her eligibility to sponsot me under work visa partnershio on November 2018 and soon a residence class visa on November 2019? How would we reconcile my intention of living indefinitely with her in New Zealand with that of the proofs of links here?

You are in one of those awkward situations that doesn't fit with the regulations.

Thanks JandM.
    Do you think being honest with them filling in the form on March 2018 telling them my intent (which really is obviously presented on my previous visa applications and appeal to tribunal) on a general visitor visa stating that I would want to stay for maximum of 9 months in NZ visiting my wife in Northland and my father in the Southland and friends too while awaiting for November 2018 until my wife can sponsor me for a temporary partnership work visa then soon to residency would help? I mean being honest with them with my intention to stay indefinitely won't hurt?

I think the only way to proceed that has any hope is to be totally honest, but there isn't any guarantee that an application like that will succeed.

Thanks JandM.
    We're surely honest with all our dealings with INZ. I will try the Working Holiday Visa, if unseccessful I will proceed with the visitor visa.