Thread: Wait time Long term skills shortage visa

Default Wait time Long term skills shortage visa

Hi
    I submitted my application on 18th March. I received a reply a week later asking for a repeat full Blood Count. My panel doctor said a couple of the results were mildly elevated but said they were not significant. I repeated the test and is now in the hands of immigration. I asked for an update they said I have been placed in a queue and will be assessed in a few days by an immigration officer. Does this mean my results will be referred to an MA? If they are the same as before will the referral to the MA not be required and they will just process my visa. It's so stressful all the waiting. Thank you for the advice.

As far as I know, no assessment of medicals is done by INZ officials. It all goes to the MAs, who are in another department. But if the MA has required more tests and a doctor's report, and these are sent, they don't seem to go through the long original queue again.

Thank you. My request for another blood test seemed to come back from the CO very quick I have read it normally takes about 4-6 weeks after your medical is referred. I heard back in a week. I have also heard the results are scanned electronically and it anything is abnormal the CO asks for a retest. There is so much conflicting information on the web. Lol

It's correct that the medicals are scanned by computer, and they are referred by it if anything is outside the normal bands (and we think also if there are certain key words, but that isn't publicly available information). COs don't have anything to do with medicals except pass on requirements from the MAs' department, and pass your responses back to them. (The MAs are not accessible to direct contact at all.)

Thank you again for your help