Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling a CO....?

Default Calling a CO....?

Hey guys
    Kindly share ur experience...
    Does calling a Case Officer makes any impact positive/negative on your application?
    I knw that they are always busy processing heaps of apps at a time.
    Whats your experience..preferred mode of updating CO with any info...
    Email or calling them...?
    Experts kindly comment on these

Quote Originally Posted by pinchu143 View Post
    Hey guys
    Does calling a Case Officer makes any impact positive/negative on your application?
    I personally feel not to disturb COs and let them do their work as they are already overloaded.
    Email is the best mode of communication. However, if getting more impatient, one can call at INZ customer support and get the update.

Email the CO if you need to give new information.

If you telephoned, s/he is highly unlikely to be working on your file (among her/his caseload of around 100) and therefore to have the details of your situation in her/his mind at that precise moment. S/He would not be ready to discuss your case with you, and would have to interrupt her/his present work to note down whatever facts you wanted to give. However, your email can be dealt with and the information absorbed at a time convenient to your CO.

Hi pinchu,

I would say that calling the call centre is a good way to get updated. The staff can know the notes written by your CO and update you the status. All you need is your application Number. FYI, JandM once said that they keep records how often you call the call centre.

Also, I just called today and a clerk told me that it may take around 4 - 9 months to complete from the AR date due to the huge volume.

The staff can know the notes written by your CO and update you the status.
    They aren't NECESSARILY able to access this information. Also, it often happens that people find what they have been told by the telephone answerers is out of step with actual progress. There is NO WAY for anyone to follow all the detail of the processing of their case.

I mostly emailed my CO during our residency application, but did have a few telephone conversation with her about things that were easier dealt with over the phone. She was very pleasant and not at all abrupt or annoyed that I called. I think somethings are easier on the phone and its quicker for them to have a 2 min conversation than to write an email.

That said I would only call if you have a question that is specific to your application or if they have requested further information and you want to make sure you understand their request etc. and not just for an update.

EDIT: Also the standard call centre is fairly useless once your application is in. I had very limited success from them. IF you are at the stage of not knowing you CO contact information they can give it to you.

Thanks friends for replies

Quote Originally Posted by pinchu143 View Post
    Hey guys
    I emailed mine a few times and she got straight back positively ... I wouldn't call though, but It does say call if you have any questions... I remember being completely paranoid about any move but now I've got my resident visa realised lots of worry for nothing. Try to relax go for a run try to stop obsessing it will get done .... Good luck for you

Cheers

I got PPI letter this morning...
    I think this is what we get after calling a CO...lol...
    Thats my experience...dont tke it seriously..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast