Thread: Visitor visa - Health assesment required?

Default Visitor visa - Health assesment required?

HI there, I have applied for visitor visa -General but looks like wait time is more than 6 weeks since I submitted application. My CO says my application waiting on health assessment team
    and he says to wait another 4-6 weeks to hear back from NZ health assessment team.

My question is Health assessment is mandatory for every case? or it depends on age? or any wrong with my chest X ray?

Is this because I have requested case officer that I need maximum stay duration in NZ.

any help?

We are in the same boat, my wife applied for her visitor visa based on our partnership, her application has been sent for detailed medical assessment, they said it may take upto 6 weeks. Delhi India branch.

Re answering your questions, please see this thread : https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53012

Quote Originally Posted by sateesh141 View Post
    HI there, I have applied for visitor visa -General but looks like wait time is more than 6 weeks since I submitted application. My CO says my application waiting on health assessment team
    and he says to wait another 4-6 weeks to hear back from NZ health assessment team.

My question is Health assessment is mandatory for every case? or it depends on age? or any wrong with my chest X ray?

Is this because I have requested case officer that I need maximum stay duration in NZ.

any help?

Thanks . Does any one ever contacted health assessment team/panel doctors ? How to approach them ? Please let me know the email address for health assessment team?

you cant contact HAT because INZ wont give you any information on that. My medical was referred to Medical Assessor recently as well and it took exactly 4 weeks, however it can take longer too. Just be patient, you will hear from them. But if you want to know if something is wrong with your medical. You can ask the doctor to send you the report and in that case you will know what the problem was which triggered the referral.

Agree with the last poster.

Nobody is allowed to contact the Medical Assessors. Even the INZ COs can ONLY pass requirements from the MAs' section to the applicant, and required items from the applicant back to the MAs section.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_singh305 View Post
    you cant contact HAT because INZ wont give you any information on that. My medical was referred to Medical Assessor recently as well and it took exactly 4 weeks, however it can take longer too. Just be patient, you will hear from them. But if you want to know if something is wrong with your medical. You can ask the doctor to send you the report and in that case you will know what the problem was which triggered the referral.
    HI Sunny,

Reading your post again today Is that Panel doctors took 4 weeks? and after that how long it took to get passport stamped & getting in hand? Why I asking I am holding my breath on visa approval waiting to travel back NZ with my mother ASAP. I am also counting at my unpaid leaves

Quote Originally Posted by sateesh141 View Post
    HI Sunny,

Reading your post again today Is that Panel doctors took 4 weeks? and after that how long it took to get passport stamped & getting in hand? Why I asking I am holding my breath on visa approval waiting to travel back NZ with my mother ASAP. I am also counting at my unpaid leaves
    hi sateesh
    for my case it took exactly 4 weeks by th medical asessor. i had applied online visa. So i just got the letter from INZ on the same day when my medical was passed.
    hope it helps

HI Sunny.. Thanks. Even I was expecting same however they asked to get another medicals done. My physician say everything looks normal as per the report . Dont know when I will hear back on the status .

Any one know if 2nd report assessment also takes 4 - 6 weeks from now?

regards,