Thread: Partnership residency - proof of address

Default Partnership residency - proof of address

Hi everyone,

INZ has asked for some more proof of address for my partner and myself. I'm a NZ citizen and he has a partnership work visa.

Unfortunately we don't have a lot of evidence of our address as we don't get a lot of mail sent to us. For him, we have something from October 2015 but then nothing until June 2016. We have a lot of online orders which confirm our address but we don't know how we would get those certified. Any ideas on what we can do?

Thanks!

I think this is probably the CO having a box to be ticked - it's absolutely normal for INZ to ask for a bit more partnership evidence, covering the processing time, just before a visa is granted. Since he has just recently got a work visa, they have already accepted that you are a genuine partnership.

I would say, print off your online orders. If they want more confirmation, you could always write to the companies and ask them to send a paper letter that they have your partner/you listed as a customer at that address. Go to anywhere that you (either or both of you) have regular dealings with, e.g. a gym or club, your doctor's surgery, your place(s) of work, and ask them to write or print off, date and sign, a record of your home address. Get your neighbours to write a letter saying that you both live where you do. Even if you already did some of this, the recent dates will show that it it's relevant now.

hello everyone,

sorry random question regarding partnership residence. is there any English requirement for partnership based residence visa after the new rules came in? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I think this is probably the CO having a box to be ticked - it's absolutely normal for INZ to ask for a bit more partnership evidence, covering the processing time, just before a visa is granted. Since he has just recently got a work visa, they have already accepted that you are a genuine partnership.

I would say, print off your online orders. If they want more confirmation, you could always write to the companies and ask them to send a paper letter that they have your partner/you listed as a customer at that address. Go to anywhere that you (either or both of you) have regular dealings with, e.g. a gym or club, your doctor's surgery, your place(s) of work, and ask them to write or print off, date and sign, a record of your home address. Get your neighbours to write a letter saying that you both live where you do. Even if you already did some of this, the recent dates will show that it it's relevant now.
    Thank you! They've also asked for some more letters of support and we have 10-12 of those coming. Hopefully it'll be enough! We've been together for 5 years but it's been hard to get proof of address as no one really sends mail anymore.

Most people need to generate some, e.g. by writing to their bank, or their utility supplier, by mail, and asking something that will get a reply the same way, or writing to ask for information about (whatever), even if you haven't any intention of buying/signing up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsharukh611 View Post
    hello everyone,

sorry random question regarding partnership residence. is there any English requirement for partnership based residence visa after the new rules came in? thank you
    Only if the partner would have been eligible for an earlier application, but wasn't included. See the details here. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/46515.htm

My partner is NZ citizen (never lived outside NZ) would I have to meet an English requirement test? For Residence application under partnership? Sorry I'm confusing myself reading the info via link.

yes i am confused aswell. when i applied for my SMC residence visa i mentioned as married but i did not include my wife in my application as she was back in her home country because her visitor visa was declied as INZ thought we were not living together and genuine relationship. Now I am a resident. So after i was granted residence visa I came back home to my wife.

Now i have to apply for her visitor visa from my home country and live with her for 3 month in NZ and then apply for partnership based work visa then apply for her partnership based residence visa . But my point is does she have to give ielts or a letter from her college stating that she have completed her college degree in english as a proof for english?

if anyone could clear this out then it would be much appreciated.

I think you need to ask INZ an answer for this. The rules all say there has to be proof of English if the person was eligible to be entered on the previous application, but wasn't. But, rather than you choosing not to include her, if INZ wouldn't let you include her, because they did not accept she was eligible, maybe there does not need to be proof of English at all.