Thread: Visitor Visa - multiple entries?

Default Visitor Visa - multiple entries?

Hello All,

I'm applying visitor visa to NZ, but i can't seem to tell if this visa is allows multiple entries or single?
    Does anyone know?

i'm applying online and there is no information for me to choose to apply multiple or single.(about to pay the online fee 165nz$)

Thanks,
    Iris

On the fact sheet https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/visitor-visa, it mentions being sure to get multiple entry conditions if you're going to need them, but it doesn't say how.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris777 View Post
    Hello All,

I'm applying visitor visa to NZ, but i can't seem to tell if this visa is allows multiple entries or single?
    Does anyone know?

i'm applying online and there is no information for me to choose to apply multiple or single.(about to pay the online fee 165nz$)

Thanks,
    Iris
    Is there a field in the application form where you explain why you are coming to NZ? You can mention part of your itinerary here and if you intend to leave the country (for e.g. on a cruise to Fiji) and come back here before going on your way.

If you mention clearly that (for whatever reason) you need to go out of the country, come back in and then travel onwards - they should automatically issue a multiple entry visa (provided you satisfy all the other conditions required to apply). If you're not clear on this then they MIGHT issue a single - not sure how it works exactly. Best thing to do would be to call up INZ directly and they will explain what you need to do.

I went through a similar dilemma for my Australian visa (I understand that the rules and process might be different). I was issued a single entry despite explaining our travel itinerary. This was solved within a day by replying to the approval email and reminding them that I needed a multiple entry visa - was re-issued the same within 1 day.