Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Essential Skills Visa

Default Essential Skills Visa

Hello,

I am a new user and currently in the process of applying for a NZ essential skills visa. I have a couple of questions;

How far will INZ go back in terms of contacting employers? I have been with my current employer for six years and the ANZSCO states five years experience required - will they approach my previous employer? If they will, is it worth getting a reference from the previous employer now to submit with the application?

Is it worth submitting references from line managers and colleagues (both current and former employment) or will the CO get annoyed with too many documents?

I will provide copies of my qualifications but should I provide anything else e.g. payslips etc. I have the job offer, employer supplementary form to submit.

Is there anything else I can do or provide to make sure the CO has everything they need and to prevent them requesting more?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Martin

Look at the INZ Guide that goes with the form, for instructions about evidence. Follow the instructions, and the CO should then have what is needed. I doubt INZ will need anything from your previous employer.

They need to know what hours you worked per week, your salary, your exact responsibilities (to know it was skilled work and relevant to your qualification), and your start and end dates. If your letter from your employer says all that, you don't need other proofs, but if e.g. your company's HR will not provide part of the information, you might need to collect other sources.

Thanks JandM! I had a look at the guide but I couldn't see a comprehensive list of document. I think I have enough covered with the references to show hours worked, (will include JD) and employment dates. Just really unsure of the level of extra detail required. My thought was the more I could provide the less opportunity for the CO to request further information and delay the application! Thanks again....

It would be rare for INZ to go to lengthy verificiation and to previous employers for an essential skills visa. That would want to be assured that the job offer is genuine, that you new employer is "good employer" and that he has confirmed that you have the skills and experience necessary for the role; and to know that there are no NZers able to be trained for, or to fill the role currently.

Thanks ChrisMwn. my new employer will be providing all of the justification around the role. Basically, they have advertised twice, first time the NZ applicant found another role and I was the preferred candidate the second time round. They can provide the evidence of advertising and what they have done. So hopefully all good and it will go through easily enough!

@ all,

this is similar to my current state. I need few clarifications. Can someone please help.

Is it right that if the job falls under ANZSCO level 1, then search for NZ landers not required?

My employer for instance, posted ad, and didnt get any profiles at all. Then they mailed to NZ WORK department to get similar profiles. They replied saying NOTHING AVAILABLE and asked to go to immigration directly.

Now, my question is what sort of explanations and proof i can give if immigration come back like "Why no NZ landers available? why not even one?" etc etc.
    Or they wont ask so much for Level 1?

Pls help.

Here are the instructions given to employers. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...al-skills-visa It's not the skill level that matters, but whether or not the job is on one of the Skills In Demand lists. In your case, it's not up to YOU to state why there were no replies - it's enough that there weren't, and that NZ Work instructed that your application go directly to INZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Here are the instructions given to employers. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...al-skills-visa It's not the skill level that matters, but whether or not the job is on one of the Skills In Demand lists. In your case, it's not up to YOU to state why there were no replies - it's enough that there weren't, and that NZ Work instructed that your application go directly to INZ.

Thanks a lot JandM.

I have also attached a email from NZ work dept along with my application stating the same.

My skill is in Demand list..
    1. List of Skilled occupations.
    2. Long term skill shortage list.

But I have not provided any proofs as to say "that my skill is in demand list". Will this weaken my case? Or they will come back for explanations?
    or there is no need at all to show the attempts for recruiting NZ landers?

Please help.

I think it ought to be obvious just by what your job is. They've got the lists to refer to. Unless it has some obscure title, in which case you might get a further question.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I think it ought to be obvious just by what your job is. They've got the lists to refer to. Unless it has some obscure title, in which case you might get a further question.

Thanks again JandM.

Sorry for series of questions.
    1. Currently i'm working in NZ. But i have not mentioned anywhere except the VISA cover letter that my new employer has offered me. No where in the forms i was asked about my current employment. Am i missing something here?

2. I got my Australian tourist visa rejected 3 months ago and i have mentioned and attached the reasoning letter from Australian immigration along with my application. The reason was i was in interim visa in NZ while i applied. WIll this be of any trouble?

3. I'm currently working for a "X" company which outsourced me to "Y" and "Y" outsourced me to "Z". Now "Y" is the one who recruited me and still be outsourcing me to same "Z". In this case, will the interim visa be valid for work as well? or just visitor?

4. In case they need some further clarification, will they usually call me directly or just email conversations?

As usual, THanks a lot!
    Last edited by vijaylethal; 16th February 2017 at 07:13 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast