Thread: Skilled migrant visa: job offer in skilled employment for less than 12 months

Default Skilled migrant visa: job offer in skilled employment for less than 12 months

Hi there,
    I have at the moment 140 points without a job offer under the skilled visa expression of interest criteria.
    I found an employer who is willing to offer a job but for less than 12 months ( the job is on the shortage list), which I can understand as the employer needs first to test me.
    Is it possible for me to claim the 50 points for skilled employment job offer ?
    Cheers

If your job offer is not permanent job position, you may not granted 50 points from this job offer.

Quote Originally Posted by raphael22 View Post
    Hi there,
    I have at the moment 140 points without a job offer under the skilled visa expression of interest criteria.
    I found an employer who is willing to offer a job but for less than 12 months ( the job is on the shortage list), which I can understand as the employer needs first to test me.
    Is it possible for me to claim the 50 points for skilled employment job offer ?
    Cheers
    Is there some other visa other than residence that might suit you to come here first, start working, get a permanent contract and THEN go for SMC residence? Not sure what your situation is but you might be eligible for another kind of temporary visa?

I agree with the last poster.

You definitely can't get the points for a short contract. SM7.15 b ii. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30549.htm