Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essential Skills Visa - the fastest and the slowest time of proceeding - currently

Default Essential Skills Visa - the fastest and the slowest time of proceeding - currently

Hi,

I submitted my application one week ago and I would like to know what would be the fastest and slowest proceeding time - from your experience? I will be grateful for any information and advice.

Peter

Hi,
    I am in the same boat. I confirmed this with INZ and they say that the processing time as of now is anywhere between 2 months to 6 months.

I applied for the Essential work visa last July, and it only took 10 days (including weekend) from submitting to approved. However, most of my friend applied after last Nov; they mentioned it takes a loooooong time at the moment.

I called INZ today and they said that my partner's application had been accepted for processing but was still awaiting a Case Officer. I was wondering if JandM or anyone familiar with the various steps could tell me what does "getting accepted for processing" mean? Is it some sort of pre screening that all applications don't clear by default?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Everyone
    My SMC application is on Last stage and My visa is going to Expire on 11 of May
    Can anyone tell me what documents do i need to apply online for another Visa ?
    Do i need to Submit Employer Supplementary as well ?
    Thanks in Advance

Quote Originally Posted by Taran View Post
    Hello Everyone
    Thanks in Advance
    I believe , you should apply as INZ is bit busy at this moment?
    BTW, , what about 2pc status bro? did CO contact or still silence?

My adviser contacted yesterday and she said my CO is on Holidays

My adviser contacted yesterday and she said my CO is on Holidays
    I see
    thanks to inform.

Hello Everyone
    Thanks in Advance
    if you currently on work visa , you should apply for essential skills visa , you dont need to advertise the job or anything because you have ongoing smc visa application , but you will need employer supplymentary form, its easy to apply online , go to immigration website and click login then choose work visa and follow instructions , but you will need to scan all the documents scanned as pdf files. im in same situation , my current visa expire 02 may , but i have ongoing smc application , i applied for work visa 2 weeks ago , just hoping it will get approve soon

Quote Originally Posted by param912003 View Post
    I called INZ today and they said that my partner's application had been accepted for processing but was still awaiting a Case Officer. I was wondering if JandM or anyone familiar with the various steps could tell me what does "getting accepted for processing" mean? Is it some sort of pre screening that all applications don't clear by default?

Thanks in advance!
    That's it exactly. INZ clerks who aren't case-working officials look over applications to see if the form and the evidence supplied appear to fit (just by what you have said, without investigating the facts at all) the criteria for that visa. If all seems to be okay, the application is lodged, and then has to wait its turn to be allocated to a CO, who will then verify the details and check everything against the legal requirements for grant of a visa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast