Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest INZ changes for SMC (19 Apr 2017)

Exclamation Latest INZ changes for SMC (19 Apr 2017)

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...tegory-changes

Just would like to share this info to all.

Thank you.

Thanks for the information

What happens to them who already submitted their SMC application and money has been deducted?

In the past when there has been a change in the requirements, people whose application had already been lodged were dealt with by the rules that HAD BEEN in force when they applied.

If they follow that same pattern, if your application is already in, it will continue to be processed in the way you expected.

It says in the FAQ on that link
    More detail will be available soon on how applicants at various stages of the Skilled Migrant Category process will be affected.
    Until that detail is made public, anyone is just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    In the past when there has been a change in the requirements, people whose application had already been lodged were dealt with by the rules that HAD BEEN in force when they applied.

If they follow that same pattern, if your application is already in, it will continue to be processed in the way you expected.

It says in the FAQ on that link
    Until that detail is made public, anyone is just guessing.
    I would hope they don't impose these changes on applicants already being processed and waiting for a CO. Its not just me but many others who already applied and are waiting for a CO since many months. I am waiting just since 45 days now.

Strange that they haven't updated the rules for different stages yet.

By the way, isn't it that the rules are only going to be implemented for applicants after August 14 as the FAQ says - would that alternatively mean that applicants from before August 14 will be judged by current rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawntide View Post
    I would hope they don't impose these changes on applicants already being processed and waiting for a CO. Its not just me but many others who already applied and are waiting for a CO since many months. I am waiting just since 45 days now.

Strange that they haven't updated the rules for different stages yet.

By the way, isn't it that the rules are only going to be implemented for applicants after August 14 as the FAQ says - would that alternatively mean that applicants from before August 14 will be judged by current rules?
    I would imagine so.

But as JandM says - until they make further information public its just a guess. They might well be waiting to see what public opinion is and then tweak all these little things accordingly. Sucks for all of us but it is election year after all.

i believe those in ITA stage wont be impacted. as previous changes in OCT only impacted those in EOI

SMC with Job Offer - 205 points
    EOI Selected - 18/01/2017
    ITA Received - 21/01/2017
    ITA Lodged - 1/02/2017
    CO Assigned - 6/03/2017 - required additional documents
    AIP Received - 27/03/2017
    Passport sent - 5/04/2017
    Online status - Change to resident
    Passport received with Blue Sticker - 20/04/2017

This obviously varies but hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by coleslaw; 20th April 2017 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Typo

If your Invitation to Apply was issued on the basis of a selection from the SMC Pool before the policy change your application will be assessed under the SMC instructions that were in place at the time your EoI was selected, regardless of whether you application is submitted after 14 August. The application must be received within the standard four month limit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast