Thread: Question changing jobs on a work-to-residence visa

Default Question changing jobs on a work-to-residence visa

Hi

is there anyone here who can help with this?

My husband and I have a work-to-residence visa based on my hubby's job with an accredited employer. Now he has a job opportunity with another accredited company. Does anyone know what the visa procedure for this is? Can we just switch our visa to another employer or do we have to reapply? And does this then reset the time we need to wait to get residence?

Thank you so much!

Liselotte

Here you are. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...r-someone-else Depending on the exact circumstances, you may be able to get a variation of conditions on the existing visa, or may need to get a completely new visa. Contact INZ with the details, and they can help you get the timing right. Nobody must work for a new employer with a visa with the old employer's name on it, or continue to work for an old employer (for instance, while working out their notice) with a visa with the new employer's name on it.

The time spent working for the first employer will count towards the necessary total for Residence From Work - it's cumulative, so it doesn't get 'wasted'.

Don't forget that your visa depends on your husband's (the exact one, with THAT number), so you will need to apply for a new visa at the same time that he does, if it turns out that that is what he has to do.

Thanks so much!!

Could I ask you one more question? We heard that if you earn 90000 a year, you can immediately apply for permanent residency, but we can't find that on the website anywhere. Do you know if that is correct? Thanks again!!

See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa, under the Criteria tab, then Evidence at the side of Minimum Income.

Thank you!